    1) Is VSS necessary?
    2) Where do I go to turn it off?

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=, Dec 7, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You can see the description of it in computer management component services
    and you could turn it off there. I will leave it up to others to advise you
    on its necessity

    John Barnes, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Well, its prominent in Vista client as solution for having backed copies of
    a file that become corrupt. So if its that relevant in Vista, I don't see
    the difference in XP.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 7, 2005