    adaware. But it still does not read zero. The only time it reads zero is
    if I turn off my cable modem (I have cable light version, not the full high
    speed, only two or three times faster then dialup modem). Any ideas?

    lbbss, Jan 29, 2005

  2. lbbss

    doS Guest

    a.karrick" <
    can help

    doS, Jan 29, 2005

  3. lbbss

    Guest

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml ?

    --

    , Jan 29, 2005
  4. lbbss

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: What is using up my band with? Is this normal?
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => doS <= wrote:

    >a.karrick" <
    > can help

    LOL

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Jan 29, 2005
  5. lbbss

    Richard Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:11:21 -0500 lbbss wrote:

    > I am running DU Meter that tracks what speed you are connecting at and
    > you
    > downloading and uploading speed (kB/sec). For some reason even when
    > everything is turned off, internet etc, it still shows some downloading
    > activity is happening at 0.8kB/sec. Is that normal? Should it not
    > read
    > zero? Do I have a hijacker or spyware? I ran swatit, spybot, and
    > adaware. But it still does not read zero. The only time it reads
    > zero is
    > if I turn off my cable modem (I have cable light version, not the full
    > high
    > speed, only two or three times faster then dialup modem). Any ideas?

    More than likely just traffic, not true downloading. Otherwise your disk
    would be full in no time.
    My cable modem light constantly blinks on and off even though Zone Alarm
    shows no activity.
    With my USB cable modem, I can easily disconnect it if I don't want to be
    connected to the internet.
    If you're on dialup, just pull the plug and see what happens with the
    traffic.
    If it now drops to zero, that's your answer.

    Richard, Jan 29, 2005
  6. lbbss

    7 Guest

    lbbss wrote:

    > I am running DU Meter that tracks what speed you are connecting at and you
    > downloading and uploading speed (kB/sec). For some reason even when
    > everything is turned off, internet etc, it still shows some downloading
    > activity is happening at 0.8kB/sec. Is that normal? Should it not read
    > zero? Do I have a hijacker or spyware? I ran swatit, spybot, and
    > adaware. But it still does not read zero. The only time it reads zero
    > is if I turn off my cable modem (I have cable light version, not the full
    > high
    > speed, only two or three times faster then dialup modem). Any ideas?

    Windopes is notoriously crap at using LAN.
    The traffic you are seeing is the scans and probes
    for other windopes machines on the LAN.

    7, Jan 29, 2005