    I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will this
    affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it, kindly
    guide.. Thxs

    DVakil, Apr 23, 2008

  2. DVakil

    John R Guest

    "DVakil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want to
    > know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
    > I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will this
    > affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it, kindly
    > guide.. Thxs

    70-292 and 70-296 have been extended into May (the 24th I believe). Check
    with your local Prometric center for more details and to schedule an exam.

    Once those have retired, you can still upgrade to MCSE 2003 by taking the
    core exams instead. In place of 70-292, you'll need both 70-290 and 70-291.
    In place of 70-296 you'll need 70-293 and 70-294.

    John R

    John R, Apr 23, 2008

  3. Was that official Or is it one of those might or might not works things.
    Either way I still think it quite pissy to retire an upgrade exam like that.
    I see no reason to retire an exam that is built from a bank of questions
    which is both still relevant and live in the form of two other exams.

    --
    ..rev [askthemct..com]

    .rev [askthemct.com], Apr 25, 2008
  4. DVakil

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I am confused

    agreed.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 25, 2008
  5. DVakil

    John R Guest

    ".rev [askthemct.com]" <> wrote in message
    > Was that official Or is it one of those might or might not works things.
    > Either way I still think it quite pissy to retire an upgrade exam like
    > that. I see no reason to retire an exam that is built from a bank of
    > questions which is both still relevant and live in the form of two other
    > exams.
    >
    > --
    > .rev [askthemct..com]
    >
    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "DVakil" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want
    >>> know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
    >>> I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will
    >>> this
    >>> affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it,
    >>> kindly
    >>> guide.. Thxs

    >> 70-292 and 70-296 have been extended into May (the 24th I believe).
    >> Check with your local Prometric center for more details and to schedule
    >> an exam.

    I have seen no official announcement, however we have had several people
    here who have contacted MS Learning and have been told this, and have been
    able to schedule exams.

    John R

    John R, Apr 25, 2008
  6. DVakil

    Dude Guest

    Don't waste your time with 70-292. Less than 10% of the test takers pass it
    the first try. I failed it twice. If you study for 70-290 and 291
    seperately, you'll have a better chance of passing the first time. If you
    plan on going for the Server 2003 MCSE, I also recommend taking CompTIA
    Security+ for the elective.

    Dude, May 2, 2008
  7. I spoke with the Microsoft Learning Center. The two upgrade exams have been
    extended until May 31. I just took and passed 70-292. I will be taking the
    70-296 in a couple of weeks.

    Agressive Exam Taker, May 9, 2008
  8. DVakil

    CHONG Guest

    RE: What is UPGRADE path for MCSE 2003 (existing MCSE 2K certified

    edI was told the exam expired on 24th May, Can you guide me where did you get
    the information the exam extend to 31-May?

    CHONG, May 25, 2008
  9. DVakil

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: What is UPGRADE path for MCSE 2003 (existing MCSE 2K certified

    >edI was told the exam expired on 24th May, Can you guide me where did you get
    >the information the exam extend to 31-May?

    ping Indiana Jones.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 26, 2008