    Once the rockets go up who cares where they come down? That's not my
    Department.

    Werner Von Braun
    Phyloe, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Phyloe

    Phyloe Guest

    They are also called "Message delivery service"
    Phyloe

    "Phyloe" <> wrote in message
    > All of a sudden I have begun getting returned messages reports from
    > Postmaster. These appear to be returned from incorrect e-mail addresses. I
    > have not sent mail to these addresses and delete the return messages ASAP
    > but I am curious about where these are from and the intend of the

    messages.

    Phyloe, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Phyloe

    Rob Guest

    You probably have a virus. Either mimail or something similar.
    Check out http://housecall.antivirus.com and run the free online virus
    scanner.

    --
    Rob B
    http://www.techhowto.org

    Rob, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Phyloe

    Boomer Guest

    Phyloe said:

    > All of a sudden I have begun getting returned messages
    > reports from
    > Postmaster. These appear to be returned from incorrect e-mail
    > addresses. I have not sent mail to these addresses and delete
    > the return messages ASAP but I am curious about where these are
    > from and the intend of the messages. TIA
    > Phyloe

    "The worm can also impersonate mail delivery failure notices..."
    W32.Swen.A@mm
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    Boomer, Sep 19, 2003
  5. Phyloe

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Just keep deleting them. They are viruses most likely NOT coming from your
    computer.

    pcbutts1, Sep 19, 2003
  6. Phyloe

    TRADESMAN Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Phyloe said:
    >
    > > All of a sudden I have begun getting returned messages
    > > reports from
    > > Postmaster. These appear to be returned from incorrect e-mail
    > > addresses. I have not sent mail to these addresses and delete
    > > the return messages ASAP but I am curious about where these are
    > > from and the intend of the messages. TIA
    > > Phyloe

    > "The worm can also impersonate mail delivery failure notices..."
    > W32.Swen.A@mm
    > http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    Just got in from work logged on and find that I've got 6 of the same.
    Ran all the AVs and nothing turned up.
    Checked my address book and was amazed to find K.man!
    Is it possible.........nah.
    Mind you the bloody creature is a virtual Houdini and the nearest thing to a
    living virus,so I suppose anything is possible.
    TRADESMAN, Sep 19, 2003
  7. Phyloe

    Boomer Guest

    W32.Swen.K.man@mm <bg>
    Boomer, Sep 19, 2003
  8. Phyloe

    trout Guest

    TRADESMAN wrote:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Phyloe said:
    >>
    >>> All of a sudden I have begun getting returned messages
    >>> reports from
    >>> Postmaster. These appear to be returned from incorrect e-mail
    >>> addresses. I have not sent mail to these addresses and delete
    >>> the return messages ASAP but I am curious about where these are
    >>> from and the intend of the messages. TIA
    >>> Phyloe

    >> "The worm can also impersonate mail delivery failure notices..."
    >> W32.Swen.A@mm
    >> http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    >>

    > Just got in from work logged on and find that I've got 6 of the same.
    > Ran all the AVs and nothing turned up.
    > Checked my address book and was amazed to find K.man!
    > Is it possible.........nah.
    > Mind you the bloody creature is a virtual Houdini and the nearest
    > thing to a living virus,so I suppose anything is possible.

    Under Tools > Options > Send; do you, by any chance, have
    "Automatically put people I reply to in my Address Book" checked?
    --
    "I believe it may be one of those wacky defaults."
    trout, Sep 19, 2003
  9. Phyloe

    TRADESMAN Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > TRADESMAN wrote:
    >
    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    > >> "The worm can also impersonate mail delivery failure notices..."
    > >> W32.Swen.A@mm
    > >> http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    > >>

    > > Just got in from work logged on and find that I've got 6 of the same.
    > > Ran all the AVs and nothing turned up.
    > > Checked my address book and was amazed to find K.man!
    > > Is it possible.........nah.
    > > Mind you the bloody creature is a virtual Houdini and the nearest
    > > thing to a living virus,so I suppose anything is possible.

    > Under Tools > Options > Send; do you, by any chance, have
    > "Automatically put people I reply to in my Address Book" checked?
    > --
    > "I believe it may be one of those wacky defaults."

    Yes I did!
    Can't ever remember sending to HIM.
    Could've been something Idid when half asleep!
    Thanks for the info.
    TRADESMAN, Sep 19, 2003
  10. Phyloe

    trout Guest

    TRADESMAN wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> TRADESMAN wrote:

    <snip>

    >>> Just got in from work logged on and find that I've got 6 of the
    >>> same. Ran all the AVs and nothing turned up.
    >>> Checked my address book and was amazed to find K.man!
    >>> Is it possible.........nah.
    >>> Mind you the bloody creature is a virtual Houdini and the nearest
    >>> thing to a living virus,so I suppose anything is possible.

    >> Under Tools > Options > Send; do you, by any chance, have
    >> "Automatically put people I reply to in my Address Book" checked?
    >> --
    >> "I believe it may be one of those wacky defaults."
    >>

    > Yes I did!
    > Can't ever remember sending to HIM.
    > Could've been something Idid when half asleep!
    > Thanks for the info.

    Pretty easy to do. Accidentally click on "reply to sender" instead
    of "group" in a newsgroup. Even if you just close the message window,
    and don't send anything.
    Another good reason for munging in newsgroups; with the number of
    viruses that are sent out to every address in an OE book (or using the
    addresses to forge a 'sender'). And the number of dumb people using it.
    God knows where your address could end up.
    --
    "Brrrr."
    trout, Sep 19, 2003
  11. Phyloe

    geopelia Guest

    "Phyloe" <> wrote in message
    > They are also called "Message delivery service"
    > Phyloe
    >
    > "Phyloe" <> wrote in message
    > > All of a sudden I have begun getting returned messages reports from
    > > Postmaster. These appear to be returned from incorrect e-mail addresses.

    > > have not sent mail to these addresses and delete the return messages

    ASAP
    > > but I am curious about where these are from and the intend of the

    > messages.
    > > TIA
    > > Phyloe
    > >

    > > --
    > > Once the rockets go up who cares where they come down? That's not my
    > > Department.
    > >
    > > Werner Von Braun

    I was in London when they were coming down! Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 19, 2003
  12. Phyloe

    bb3 Guest

    "Phyloe" <> wrote in message
    > All of a sudden I have begun getting returned messages reports from
    > Postmaster. These appear to be returned from incorrect e-mail addresses. I
    > have not sent mail to these addresses and delete the return messages ASAP
    > but I am curious about where these are from and the intend of the

    messages.
    > TIA
    > Phyloe
    >

    > --
    > Once the rockets go up who cares where they come down? That's not my
    > Department.
    >
    > Werner Von Braun

    It could also be that a spammer has been using your e-mail address as a
    return address in his/her/its messages. This has happened to me a lot
    lately.
    bb3, Sep 19, 2003