What is this registry entry?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rfdjr1@optonline.net, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Every time I run Easy Cleaner to clean out my registry, two lines always show up
    that can't be deleted. One has to do with Scan Soft Omni Page, which I know is
    installed on my machine. But another one shows up everytime, and I can't figure
    out or find out what it is. I've Googled it and come up with nothing pertinent.
    I've done a search of my entire system, including hidden files and can't find
    it. The line reads:

    Root
    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE

    Registry Key
    Software\Neme.sys\Database

    Modified
    02/23/2004 09:03:28 PM

    String Value
    ScopeName

    File/path reference
    c:\scope

    The c:\scope is not a folder, but just some sort of file on my c drive, 635Kb in
    size, with no extension, so I can't even see what kind of file it is.

    I'd like to know what this is all about, if I need it, why it won't delete and
    if it's detrimental, get rid of it for good. I'd appreciate any info anyone
    might have. Thanks.

    , Feb 15, 2006

  2. old jon Guest

    http://cloud.prohosting.com/johnnyr/player_TkVNRS5TWVM.html
    Some sort of game ??

    old jon, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:eek:xGIf.30560$,
    old jon spewed forth:
    > http://cloud.prohosting.com/johnnyr/player_TkVNRS5TWVM.html
    > Some sort of game ??

    Isn't everything? <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 15, 2006
  4. old jon Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:eek:xGIf.30560$,
    > old jon spewed forth:
    >> http://cloud.prohosting.com/johnnyr/player_TkVNRS5TWVM.html
    >> Some sort of game ??
    >>>

    > Isn't everything? <g>

    I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake up <g>.

    old jon, Feb 15, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:UUHIf.34053$,
    old jon spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:eek:xGIf.30560$,
    >> old jon spewed forth:
    >>> http://cloud.prohosting.com/johnnyr/player_TkVNRS5TWVM.html
    >>> Some sort of game ??
    >>>>

    >> Isn't everything? <g>
    >>

    > I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake
    > up <g>.

    Mine is more of a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up!

    Toolman Tim, Feb 15, 2006
  6. dogsBollix Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in news:bmLIf.221$dW5.105
    @fe02.lga:

    > In news:UUHIf.34053$,
    > old jon spewed forth:
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>> In news:eek:xGIf.30560$,
    >>> old jon spewed forth:
    >>>>>

    >>> Isn't everything? <g>
    >>>

    >> I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake
    >> up <g>.

    > Mine is more of a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up!

    wouldn't that be a cool script for a film !
    you could have these real cool dudes in dark glasses and long leather
    coats doing kung fu and stuff ......

    dB

    dogsBollix, Feb 15, 2006
  7. Justisaur Guest

    wrote:
    > Every time I run Easy Cleaner to clean out my registry, two lines always show up
    > that can't be deleted. One has to do with Scan Soft Omni Page, which I know is
    > installed on my machine. But another one shows up everytime, and I can't figure
    > out or find out what it is. I've Googled it and come up with nothing pertinent.
    > I've done a search of my entire system, including hidden files and can't find
    > it. The line reads:
    >

    > Root
    > HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
    >
    > Registry Key
    > Software\Neme.sys\Database

    All I came up with for neme.sys on a search was some french metal
    industry.

    > Modified
    > 02/23/2004 09:03:28 PM
    >
    > String Value
    > ScopeName
    >
    > File/path reference
    > c:\scope
    >
    > The c:\scope is not a folder, but just some sort of file on my c drive, 635Kb in
    > size, with no extension, so I can't even see what kind of file it is.

    Open it in a text or hex edior, often files will have something
    identifying what they are in the first few lines.

    I'm not familiar with easy clean, but usually spyware/virus detectors
    will give some idea of what the program thinks the file is if you poke
    around a bit.

    - Justisaur

    Justisaur, Feb 15, 2006
  8. Book End Guest

    "dogsBollix" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in news:bmLIf.221$dW5.105
    > @fe02.lga:
    >
    >> In news:UUHIf.34053$,
    >> old jon spewed forth:
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake
    >>> up <g>.

    >> Mine is more of a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up!
    >>

    > wouldn't that be a cool script for a film !
    > you could have these real cool dudes in dark glasses and long leather
    > coats doing kung fu and stuff ......
    >
    > dB

    Just as long as you return the shades & coats before you wake up.

    Book End, Feb 16, 2006
  9. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Xns976BCBB4152ACdogsbollixhootmailco@63.218.45.254,
    dogsBollix spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    > news:bmLIf.221$dW5.105 @fe02.lga:
    >
    >> In news:UUHIf.34053$,
    >> old jon spewed forth:
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake
    >>> up <g>.

    >> Mine is more of a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up!
    >>

    > wouldn't that be a cool script for a film !
    > you could have these real cool dudes in dark glasses and long leather
    > coats doing kung fu and stuff ......
    >
    > dB

    Ummm...it's been done...but c'mon - Keanu Reeves? Gimme a break <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 16, 2006