    or how can I read the code.

    Thanks in advance
    Denny B

    Denny B, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Denny B

    °Mike° Guest

    It is the virus vault (quarantine) for AVG antivirus.
    Open AVG and in the 'Program' drop down, choose
    'Virus Vault', and you can view the contents.

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:35:27 -0600, in
    <1WNdb.1098$>
    Denny B scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Denny B

    Denny B Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > It is the virus vault (quarantine) for AVG antivirus.
    > Open AVG and in the 'Program' drop down, choose
    > 'Virus Vault', and you can view the contents.

    "°Mike°"
    thank you kindly for your rapid reply, I have deleted the file
    from the virus vault.
    A question, does that file $vault$.avg always remain
    where it is on the Windows Exploter tree?

    Thanks kindly
    Denny B

    Denny B, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Denny B

    Patrick Guest

    Denny B wrote:
    > When I open Windows Explorer there is
    > the very top file listed with this beside the file $vault$.avg
    > I open $vault$.avg file in Wordpad, however I cannot
    > read it, it is in code. Can somebody tell me what this file is
    > or how can I read the code.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Denny B

    On my machine, $vault$.avg is a folder, containing a file called
    "00000001.FIL" 34KB
    I had never seen it before AVG quarantined something (jenniferlopez.scr) a
    few days ago.

    Patrick, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Denny B

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:31:44 -0600, in
    <4BOdb.1106$>
    Denny B scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> It is the virus vault (quarantine) for AVG antivirus.
    >> Open AVG and in the 'Program' drop down, choose
    >> 'Virus Vault', and you can view the contents.

    >"°Mike°"
    >thank you kindly for your rapid reply, I have deleted the file
    >from the virus vault.
    >A question, does that file $vault$.avg always remain
    >where it is on the Windows Exploter tree?
    >
    >Thanks kindly
    >Denny B

    Yes, so long as AVG is installed. As I said, it is the virus vault
    for AVG.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance