    lot of experience in .Net working at home, creating programs of various sorts.

    Thank you very much advice and guidance.

    Brian
    Brianm, May 13, 2006

  2. Brianm

    Cerebrus Guest

    Just a correction, it's Microsoft and it's MCAD.

    Your questions are probably best answered by a fellow citizen of your
    country, since they would be able to best advise you on financing,
    loans, where to begin.

    I haven't the faintest idea, what DrVry or CIS is ! ;-)

    Hope you get the information you need,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, May 14, 2006

  3. Brianm

    Brianm Guest

    Sorry about spelling it incorrectly. Yes, it's Microsoft and it's MCAD.

    Now to wait for some answers.

    Thank you.

    Brianm, May 14, 2006
  4. Brianm

    Brianm Guest

    CIS is a Computer Information Systems Bachelor's degree from the US. DeVry is
    the institution I am attending to achieve this bachelor's degree. I want to
    begin working as a .NET programmer before I can finish my bachelor's degree.

    Brianm, May 14, 2006
  5. Brianm

    rmacias Guest

    The Microsoft Certification is not really a degree program. Anybody can pay
    the $125 per test fee and get certified. There are no pre-reqs for the exams
    either. There are plenty of self-study material and third parties do offer
    training (for a fee).

    Personally, I would stick with your degree program. There are employers out
    there do not think very highly of Microsoft Certifications because it is very
    easy to memorize the brain dumps and get certified, without a person even
    knowing how to wirte a line of code.

    Finish up your degree and get the certification afterwards. They are $125
    per exam and most employers are willing to pay or re-emburst the exam fee to
    you. Having a degree AND certifications will make you that much more
    valuable.

    rmacias, May 14, 2006
  6. Brianm

    rmacias Guest

    Many companies hire students for internships and/or Co-Op positions.
    Students can still attend class and get applied experience in their field of
    study. You should check with your instution for these opportunities. Most
    universities have offices that specialize in helping students with this.

    rmacias, May 14, 2006