What is the "patented burp"?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Nibbler, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Nibbler

    Nibbler Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:4035603B.339.A32C2C@localhost...
    > I am pricing out digital cameras and one of the features on a Nikon is

    when you
    > switch lenses they say it has a patented burp to seal it.

    Seems to have a seal made by Tupperware. They have patented the burp from
    their food storage containers. (confirms and holds seal) In the US, as a
    kid, I remember Tupperware sales parties were all the rage... Don't know if
    that ever caught on internationally.

    "Nikon includes a translucent Tupperware shield..."

    Nibbler, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Nibbler

    Nibbler Guest

    OT Re: What is the "patented burp"?

    >Don't know if
    > that ever caught on internationally.

    Just popped in my head. Do countries other than the US have the
    "International House of Pancakes" food chain? AKA IHOP... I know McDonalds
    are everywhere... Mmm, Global. ;-)

    Nibbler, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Nibbler

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Re: OT Re: What is the "patented burp"?

    "Nibbler" <> wrote in message
    > >Don't know if
    > > that ever caught on internationally.
    > >

    > Just popped in my head. Do countries other than the US have the
    > "International House of Pancakes" food chain? AKA IHOP... I know McDonalds
    > are everywhere... Mmm, Global. ;-)

    I've seen KFC, McD's, Pizza Hut, BK and there used to be Wendy's (closed in
    the early 90's) in Germany. No IHOP (I think they're international only due
    to restaurants in Canada).

    We also have Tupperware parties and those candles. They also have Pyramid
    schemes running rampant right now and it's just cash. No products.

    Jim Phelps, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Nibbler

    Paul Schmidt Guest

    Jim Phelps wrote:
    > "Nibbler" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>>Don't know if
    >>>that ever caught on internationally.
    >>>

    >>Just popped in my head. Do countries other than the US have the
    >>"International House of Pancakes" food chain? AKA IHOP... I know McDonalds
    >>are everywhere... Mmm, Global. ;-)
    >>

    > I've seen KFC, McD's, Pizza Hut, BK and there used to be Wendy's (closed in
    > the early 90's) in Germany. No IHOP (I think they're international only due
    > to restaurants in Canada).

    I live in Canada, I think they have ONE IHOP in Canada, and it's in
    Niagara falls.....

    Paul Schmidt, Feb 21, 2004
  5. Re: OT Re: What is the "patented burp"?

    Paul Schmidt <> writes:

    >I live in Canada, I think they have ONE IHOP in Canada, and it's in
    >Niagara falls.....

    There's one a mile from here, in Burnaby BC. I know I've seen them
    elsewhere too (not just Niagara Falls).

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Feb 21, 2004
  6. Nibbler

    Nibbler Guest

    Re: OT Re: What is the "patented burp"?

    > It probabably is more
    > grammatically known as "House of International Pancakes".

    LOL

    I always envision like, pankakes topped with honey made with africanized
    bees - or mexican flat tortilla pancakes - pancakes with froglegs, and such
    ;-)

    Nibbler, Feb 21, 2004
  7. Nibbler

    Quaoar Guest

    Nibbler wrote:
    >> Don't know if
    >> that ever caught on internationally.
    >>

    > Just popped in my head. Do countries other than the US have the
    > "International House of Pancakes" food chain? AKA IHOP... I know
    > McDonalds are everywhere... Mmm, Global. ;-)

    I believe originally it was "international" in the sense that the menu
    included supposed international recipes. It probabably is more
    grammatically known as "House of International Pancakes".

    Quaoar, Feb 21, 2004
  8. Nibbler

    Doug Guest

    Quaoar wrote:

    > Nibbler wrote:
    >>> Don't know if
    >>> that ever caught on internationally.
    >>>

    >> Just popped in my head. Do countries other than the US have the
    >> "International House of Pancakes" food chain? AKA IHOP... I know
    >> McDonalds are everywhere... Mmm, Global. ;-)

    > I believe originally it was "international" in the sense that the menu
    > included supposed international recipes. It probabably is more
    > grammatically known as "House of International Pancakes".

    But Hip doesn't sound as nice as I HOP somehow

    Doug, Feb 21, 2004