    A+ OS exam is 505. What do those numbers mean in terms of a percentage?
    70% correct? 80 % correct?

    Thanks..
    David, Dec 14, 2004

  2. 80 questions?
    when I took it in 2003, just before the new objectives I only had 25
    questions on the OS and 18 on the Hardware

    Anyway 80% of so is .8*80 = 64
    Seems to me the scoring is similar to the SAT's and that formular seems to
    be a secret

    Zimran Douglas, Dec 14, 2004

  3. David

    spetes Guest

    I just took the a+ core exam yesterday, and passed with a 560. Don't
    forget, they tell you at the beginning of the exam that some of the 80
    questions are "test questions" for CompTIA's own use. They are not
    factored into your score. So we don't really know how many questions we
    are graded on.

    Good luck to all who have yet to take it.
    spetes, Dec 14, 2004
  4. David

    spetes Guest

    i took the core exam yesterday, and at the beginning of the exam, i
    read on the screen that some of the 80 questions (we don't know how
    many) were CompTIA "test questions" and were not factored into your
    final grade. they use them as possible questions for future exams. we
    don't really know how many of the questions are used in scoring our
    test.
    spetes, Dec 14, 2004
  5. David

    Guest

    I just took the A+ os test and passed. The questions are weighted (I
    have been told). Harder ones score more points than easier ones. Also,
    there will be questions on the test that will not be scored. It said
    that on the information they gave me at the testing center. They also
    would not tell me how many I had missed. It was 80 questions and some
    of the questions were not scored. There were also questions (I can not
    recall exactly) that were very deep into troubleshooting and
    networking. Stuff, I honestly didn't learn in my class. These deep
    questions are the ones that are not scored (Again, I have been
    , Dec 14, 2004
  6. David

    David Hough Guest

    Zim, you took the adaptive test, like me. They did away with that,
    and went back to the old fixed length test.
    David Hough, Dec 14, 2004