    problems with larger cards such as 512mb and 1gb, but I don't want to
    buy one if anyone has had any problems with these larger sizes. Any
    experience with cf cards larger than 256mb? Thanks!
    Brian Evans, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Brian Evans

    photon Guest

    All CF card sizes should work, as long as they are not larger than 2 GBytes.
    Larger than that (some have been announced but I don't know about actual
    availability), FAT32 support is required to use the extra space. FAT32 is
    only supported by the latest DSLR cameras AFAIK.
    photon, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Brian Evans

    Chris Gunn Guest

    On 10 Jul 2003 11:45:17 -0700, (Brian Evans) wrote:

    >In the Powershot S45 manual, it displays various size memory cards
    >stats, and how many images they can hold, etc., but the max
    >compactflash size shown is 256mb. I don't think there would be any
    >problems with larger cards such as 512mb and 1gb, but I don't want to
    >buy one if anyone has had any problems with these larger sizes. Any
    >experience with cf cards larger than 256mb? Thanks!

    Should be fine to 2gb

    Gunn

    602z
    Chris Gunn, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Brian Evans

    Jim Polaski Guest

    In article <>,
    (Brian Evans) wrote:

    > In the Powershot S45 manual, it displays various size memory cards
    > stats, and how many images they can hold, etc., but the max
    > compactflash size shown is 256mb. I don't think there would be any
    > problems with larger cards such as 512mb and 1gb, but I don't want to
    > buy one if anyone has had any problems with these larger sizes. Any
    > experience with cf cards larger than 256mb? Thanks!

    Because a smaller card works is not a guarantee that a larger one will.
    For example, the Oly 2500L was supposed to only see up to a 256.

    Fuji S2's are picky. They love microdrives, but not all CF cards. I know
    SimpleTech's won't work in the S2. Fuji advises you test one before
    buying.

    This said, I'm sure a call to Canon would get you an answer.

    --
    Regards,
    JP

    Macintosh for productivity. Linux for servers. Palm/Visor for mobility. Windows to feed the Black Hole in your IT budget
    Jim Polaski, Jul 11, 2003