    of USB port around. One of them is without power adapter another with. Which
    one should i buy and why?

    Steven

    Steven Pua, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Steven Pua

    TinCanMan Guest

    "Steven Pua" <> wrote in message
    news:bsdrqf$2me$...
    > hi,
    >
    > I need extra USB port for my broadband and scanner. But i noticed two

    types
    > of USB port around. One of them is without power adapter another with.

    Which
    > one should i buy and why?
    >
    > Steven

    You nust be talking about a USB Hub to expand the number of existing ports.
    I'd recommend getting the powered hub as the longer the cable length the
    weaker the signal strength. A powered hub will boost the signal. Make sure
    the hub is v2.0 compliant.

    TinCanMan, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Steven Pua

    Richard Guest

    Steven Pua wrote:

    > hi,

    > I need extra USB port for my broadband and scanner. But i noticed two
    > types of USB port around. One of them is without power adapter another
    > with. Which one should i buy and why?

    > Steven

    Buy a four port hub without power.
    Since your scanner and modem are already powered.
    The powered units supply power to low power/amperage devices.

    http://www.howstuffworks.com/question361.htm

    Richard, Dec 25, 2003
  4. Steven Pua

    pcbutts1 Guest