    failover to PSTN. why we need they both? What is the difference
    between them? Thanks.
    , Sep 1, 2008

  2. Scooby Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > They both privode the link redundancy for the voip traffic, which can
    > failover to PSTN. why we need they both? What is the difference
    > between them? Thanks.

    SRST does not fail over the PSTN it is a failover in case you connectivity
    to your call manager. The router will then act as a light version of call
    manager until you regain connectivity.
    Scooby, Sep 1, 2008

  3. Guest

    Re: What is the difference between Route Groups and SRST in CiscoVoIP?

    On Aug 31, 10:45 pm, "Thrill5" <> wrote:
    > In a nutshell, route groups provide link redundancy, SRST provides call
    > setup redundancy.
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > They both privode the link redundancy for the voip traffic, which can
    > > failover to PSTN. why we need they both? What is the difference
    > > between them? Thanks.

    SRST is more for remote sites in case of a WAN outage, where the
    remote site could not contact the callmanager anymore.
    , Sep 1, 2008
  4. Guest

    Re: What is the difference between Route Groups and SRST in CiscoVoIP?

    Thanx guys, well explained.
    , Sep 2, 2008