What is the d/l link for vista sp1?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kue2, Dec 11, 2007.

  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2, Dec 11, 2007

  2. Kue2

    Peter Foldes Guest

    There is none at the present time. Microsoft has not made it public at this time. Only official Beta testers and MSDN and TechNet subscriptions are the ones that can access it at present

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Dec 11, 2007

  3. Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Dec 11, 2007
  4. Kue2

    Not Me Guest

    Unless you're a Beta tester or an MSDN subscriber, you can only find bootleg
    copies.
    I wouldn't advise that as they are filled with malware, in most cases.
    There isn't a lot in it that you really need anyway.
    It's not like XP SP2, it's just a collection of fixes and updates that are
    (mostly) available separetly anyway.
    It doesn't FIX Vista.

    Not Me, Dec 11, 2007
  5. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

  6. Kue2

    Chris Game Guest

    On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:45:05 -0700, Not Me wrote:

    > It's not like XP SP2, it's just a collection of fixes and updates
    > that are (mostly) available separetly anyway.

    Where do you get this idea? See here for the real list:
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/20071208/vista-sp1-changelog/

    --
    Chris Game

    "Deleted code has fewer bugs." -- Xibo
    Chris Game, Dec 11, 2007
  7. Kue2

    Harry Krause Guest

    Chris Game wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:45:05 -0700, Not Me wrote:
    >
    >> It's not like XP SP2, it's just a collection of fixes and updates
    >> that are (mostly) available separetly anyway.

    > Where do you get this idea? See here for the real list:
    > http://www.istartedsomething.com/20071208/vista-sp1-changelog/

    Haven't seen the "real" D/L link yet, have you? :>}
    Harry Krause, Dec 11, 2007
  8. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2, Dec 11, 2007
  9. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Dec 11, 2007
  10. Kue2

    BChat Guest

    BChat, Dec 11, 2007
  11. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    BChat,
    I am not using anything so far because I do not intend to download SP1 until
    it is finished.
    Kue2 posted a question and I just guided him to a "tweak" that allows him
    (or you) to download it via Windows Update, thus eliminating the risks of
    downloading the full package from unsafe sources like the ones pointed out
    here:
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/...nload-via-http-supports-all-36-mui-languages/
    My Vista x64 is working fine and the old saying (if it ain't broke, don't
    fix it) still applies here, in this far and southern region of our planet.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 11, 2007
  12. Kue2

    BChat Guest

    Thanks Carlos,
    I was interested in the process of getting the update more than the update
    itself. I like ''messing'' around with things. I keep an update image of the
    HD ready for restoration if needed. It is needed a lot ;-). I have been
    happy with Vista since I started beta testing last year. I will wait for the
    release of SP1 through the proper channels.
    BChat

    BChat, Dec 11, 2007
  13. Kue2

    Harry Krause Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > BChat,
    > I am not using anything so far because I do not intend to download SP1 until
    > it is finished.

    So where is the damned thing already? :>}
    Harry Krause, Dec 11, 2007
  14. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Harry,
    Read Andre's post about the "normal" source.
    The method I pointed is just a tweak to download it from MS update.
    There are "unsafe" sources like the one I mentioned in one of my replies to
    "BChat".
    Want my advice?
    Wait for the final release, that is what I am doing.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 11, 2007
  15. Kue2

    Harry Krause Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > Harry,
    > Read Andre's post about the "normal" source.
    > The method I pointed is just a tweak to download it from MS update.
    > There are "unsafe" sources like the one I mentioned in one of my replies to
    > "BChat".
    > Want my advice?
    > Wait for the final release, that is what I am doing.
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Harry Krause" wrote:
    >
    >> Carlos wrote:
    >>> BChat,
    >>> I am not using anything so far because I do not intend to download SP1 until
    >>> it is finished.
    >>>

    >> So where is the damned thing already? :>}

    I'm waiting for whatever it is MS is releasing this week.
    Harry Krause, Dec 11, 2007
  16. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Nope nothing as of today.....