    what to do to get all this stuff off; should I just go and delete
    everything, or should I format the c drive and reinstall a Windows
    98? If so will Windows 98 have Internet Explorer on it?
    Anne, May 17, 2004

  2. Anne

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I Would format your hard drive, and yes Win 98 has got internet explorer on
    it, but it wont be the new version.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, May 17, 2004

  3. Anne

    Drifter Guest

    On 17 May 2004 14:18:07 -0700, (Anne) wrote:

    >I am giving my old computer to my friend. I have already transfered
    >the stuff I want to keep to my new computer. Now I don't really know
    >what to do to get all this stuff off; should I just go and delete
    >everything, or should I format the c drive and reinstall a Windows
    >98? If so will Windows 98 have Internet Explorer on it?

    search for a program called "autoclave"
    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, May 17, 2004
  4. Anne

    ProfGene Guest

    Reformatting and a reinstall is always the best way to start off if you are
    sure you have all the drivers for the hardware such as a backup disk that
    came with the computer that has the video card and soundcard drivers as well
    as modem driver if this is a factor. If you don't have the driver backup
    disk or disks then you could have trouble with this method as reformatting
    will wipe all of this information out.
    ProfGene, May 20, 2004
  5. Anne

    Michael-NC Guest

    If you have any sensitive data on your hard drive, you need a cleaning
    program, a simple format will not do it. There are many programs that will
    recover a ton a data after a reformat and very easily at that. That includes
    internet history as well.

    Michael-NC, May 20, 2004