    platforms (catOS and IOS on the switches, capable routers, etc.) and run the
    major protocols. Is there such a thing?

    J R

    J R, Sep 22, 2004

  2. J R

    Jonathan Guest

    "J R" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want a sim that allows me to mix and match my own network, with multiple
    > platforms (catOS and IOS on the switches, capable routers, etc.) and run
    > the
    > major protocols. Is there such a thing?

    Yep.

    Routers and switches.

    Nothing simulates like the real thing.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, Sep 22, 2004

  3. "Jonathan" <> wrote in message news:<BI94d.1840341$>...
    > "J R" <> wrote in message
    > >I want a sim that allows me to mix and match my own network, with multiple
    > > platforms (catOS and IOS on the switches, capable routers, etc.) and run
    > > the
    > > major protocols. Is there such a thing?
    > >

    > Yep.
    >
    > Routers and switches.
    >
    > Nothing simulates like the real thing.
    >

    > Jonathan

    But how to get those expensive equipments together.

    Yes there is a very inexpensive solution.
    $99 lab with switches and routers with hundreds of Cisco IOS commands.
    Try this out. I have found this the BEST:

    https://www.gambitcommunications.com/site/products/vlab_ccna.shtml

    -bs

    baristha sharma, Oct 4, 2004
  4. J R

    Jonathan Guest

    "baristha sharma" <> wrote in message
    > "Jonathan" <> wrote in message
    >> "J R" <> wrote in message
    >> >I want a sim that allows me to mix and match my own network, with
    >> >multiple
    >> > platforms (catOS and IOS on the switches, capable routers, etc.) and
    >> > run
    >> > the
    >> > major protocols. Is there such a thing?
    >> >

    >> Yep.
    >>
    >> Routers and switches.
    >>
    >> Nothing simulates like the real thing.
    >>

    >> Jonathan

    > But how to get those expensive equipments together.
    >
    > Yes there is a very inexpensive solution.
    > $99 lab with switches and routers with hundreds of Cisco IOS commands.
    > Try this out. I have found this the BEST:

    Considering that you can get a 2500 for about $25, the sims make even less
    sense now than they used to.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, Oct 5, 2004