    way to slow for my needs.

    Is there anything around that is much faster and yet stable?

    Thanks

    C. B., Apr 5, 2004

  2. C. B.

    Juan Pérez Guest

    The mail client is not causing the downloads to be slow. You need a
    broadband connection to get the speed you seem to require/want. (and who
    doesn't?)

    C. B. <> wrote in message
    > I have tried using Eudora 6.0 for a few days now, but it is just to
    > slow.
    > I took me over three hours to download 1200 something messages.

    Despite
    > it being version 6.0 and supposedly being a great email program that

    is

    Juan Pérez, Apr 5, 2004

  3. C. B.

    CB Guest

    On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 05:34:44 GMT, "Juan Pérez" <>
    wrote:

    >The mail client is not causing the downloads to be slow. You need a
    >broadband connection to get the speed you seem to require/want. (and who
    >doesn't?)
    >

    >C. B. <> wrote in message
    >> I have tried using Eudora 6.0 for a few days now, but it is just to
    >> slow.
    >> I took me over three hours to download 1200 something messages.

    >Despite
    >> it being version 6.0 and supposedly being a great email program that

    >is
    >> way to slow for my needs.
    >>
    >> Is there anything around that is much faster and yet stable?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Well, I have a 2Mb download speed now. So I don't believe that is the
    problem. Outlook Express will download the same amountof mail in 1/3rd
    the time. I'm talking about 500 to 1000 pieces of email every four
    hours or so.

    CB, Apr 5, 2004
  4. C. B.

    Juan Pérez Guest

    CB astounded everyone with this:
    > On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 05:34:44 GMT, "Juan Pérez" wrote:
    >
    >> The mail client is not causing the downloads to be slow. You need a
    >> broadband connection to get the speed you seem to require/want. (and
    >> who doesn't?)
    >>

    >> C. B. <> wrote in message
    >>> I have tried using Eudora 6.0 for a few days now, but it is just to
    >>> slow.
    >>> I took me over three hours to download 1200 something messages.
    >>> Despite it being version 6.0 and supposedly being a great email
    >>> program that is way to slow for my needs.
    >>>
    >>> Is there anything around that is much faster and yet stable?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    > Well, I have a 2Mb download speed now. So I don't believe that is the
    > problem. Outlook Express will download the same amountof mail in 1/3rd
    > the time. I'm talking about 500 to 1000 pieces of email every four
    > hours or so.

    In that case, my answer was lame, but I still wonder how your email
    client can call the shots on speed. I'd be quicker to suspect the IP
    were to blame. OE sounds good for now.

    Juan Pérez, Apr 5, 2004
  5. C. B.

    Palindrome Guest

    Re: What is the best email program for handling large amounts ofincoming mail that needs to be filtered?

    C. B. wrote:
    > I have tried using Eudora 6.0 for a few days now, but it is just to
    > slow.
    > I took me over three hours to download 1200 something messages. Despite
    > it being version 6.0 and supposedly being a great email program that is
    > way to slow for my needs.
    >
    > Is there anything around that is much faster and yet stable?
    >
    > Thanks

    Eudora should be faster in collecting from multiple accounts.

    Or use a local mail server, eg Office Mail, to collect in the background
    and then use whatever client you wish to get it from there. It will be
    fast..very fast. I use this method where I can't preview successfully
    (see below).

    Assuming that the majority of your emails are junk, why not use Magic
    Mail Monitor, or equivalent, to preview them and delete the junk, doing
    us all a favour?

    Palindrome, Apr 5, 2004
  6. C. B.

    philo Guest

    "C. B." <> wrote in message
    > I have tried using Eudora 6.0 for a few days now, but it is just to
    > slow.
    > I took me over three hours to download 1200 something messages. Despite
    > it being version 6.0 and supposedly being a great email program that is
    > way to slow for my needs.
    >
    > Is there anything around that is much faster and yet stable?
    >
    > Thanks

    I use Mail Washer
    you may view the messages and delete right on the server
    without having to download anything first!

    philo, Apr 5, 2004
  7. C. B.

    °Mike° Guest

    Magic Mail Monitor to view/delete messages straight
    from the server.
    http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

    The Bat!
    http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

    On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 23:28:42 -0500, in
    <>
    C. B. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 5, 2004
  8. C. B.

    Boomer Guest

    CB <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 05:34:44 GMT, "Juan Pérez"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>The mail client is not causing the downloads to be slow. You need
    >>a broadband connection to get the speed you seem to require/want.
    >>(and who doesn't?)
    >>

    >>C. B. <> wrote in message
    >>> I have tried using Eudora 6.0 for a few days now, but it is just
    >>> to slow.
    >>> I took me over three hours to download 1200 something messages.

    >>Despite
    >>> it being version 6.0 and supposedly being a great email program
    >>> that

    >>is
    >>> way to slow for my needs.
    >>>
    >>> Is there anything around that is much faster and yet stable?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    > Well, I have a 2Mb download speed now. So I don't believe that is
    > the problem. Outlook Express will download the same amountof mail
    > in 1/3rd the time. I'm talking about 500 to 1000 pieces of email
    > every four hours or so.

    Of course... Clyde Lee Benson. Fan mail?

    Boomer, Apr 6, 2004
  9. C. B.

    °Mike° Guest

    On 06 Apr 2004 01:24:23 GMT, in
    <407206c6$0$173$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >CB <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 05:34:44 GMT, "Juan Pérez"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>The mail client is not causing the downloads to be slow. You need
    >>>a broadband connection to get the speed you seem to require/want.
    >>>(and who doesn't?)
    >>>

    >>>C. B. <> wrote in message
    >>>Despite
    >>>is

    >> Well, I have a 2Mb download speed now. So I don't believe that is
    >> the problem. Outlook Express will download the same amountof mail
    >> in 1/3rd the time. I'm talking about 500 to 1000 pieces of email
    >> every four hours or so.
    >>

    >Of course... Clyde Lee Benson. Fan mail?

    AIIIEEEEEEEEEE! I missed that! Well spotted, Boomer.

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004
  10. C. B.

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in news:407b0b82.7184156@localhost:

    > On 06 Apr 2004 01:24:23 GMT, in
    > <407206c6$0$173$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>CB <> wrote in

    >>> Well, I have a 2Mb download speed now. So I don't believe that is
    >>> the problem. Outlook Express will download the same amountof mail
    >>> in 1/3rd the time. I'm talking about 500 to 1000 pieces of email
    >>> every four hours or so.
    >>>

    >>Of course... Clyde Lee Benson. Fan mail?

    > AIIIEEEEEEEEEE! I missed that! Well spotted, Boomer.

    Some posts just smell bad. This happened to be one. ;)

    Boomer, Apr 6, 2004
  11. C. B.

    °Mike° Guest

    On 06 Apr 2004 02:33:57 GMT, in
    <40721714$0$173$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in news:407b0b82.7184156@localhost:
    >
    >> On 06 Apr 2004 01:24:23 GMT, in
    >> <407206c6$0$173$>
    >> Boomer scrawled:
    >>
    >>>CB <> wrote in

    >>>Of course... Clyde Lee Benson. Fan mail?

    >> AIIIEEEEEEEEEE! I missed that! Well spotted, Boomer.

    >Some posts just smell bad. This happened to be one. ;)

    I guess I must have had a blocked-up nose, then. :)

    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004
  12. C. B.

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On 06 Apr 2004 02:33:57 GMT, in
    > <40721714$0$173$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> On 06 Apr 2004 01:24:23 GMT, in
    >>> <407206c6$0$173$>
    >>> Boomer scrawled:

    >>> AIIIEEEEEEEEEE! I missed that! Well spotted, Boomer.

    >>Some posts just smell bad. This happened to be one. ;)

    > I guess I must have had a blocked-up nose, then. :)

    Some scotch (neat) and some rest should fix that. :)

    Boomer, Apr 6, 2004
  13. C. B.

    °Mike° Guest

    On 06 Apr 2004 02:48:47 GMT, in
    <40721a8e$0$173$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Some scotch (neat) and some rest should fix that. :)

    What a good idea.... ;)

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004
  14. C. B.

    pcbutts1 Guest

    One of the new features of Eudora 6 is the Junk mail filtering. It scans all
    incoming mail to match the return address with people in your address book.
    This causes it to be slow. It was a bug in the first 2 versions of 6 that
    came out. The latest version is 6.1 which just came out of beta status and
    is now final fixed this issue.

    pcbutts1, Apr 6, 2004
  15. C. B.

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On 06 Apr 2004 02:48:47 GMT, in
    > <40721a8e$0$173$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>Some scotch (neat) and some rest should fix that. :)

    > What a good idea.... ;)

    I think I'll have one too. Cheers! :)

    --
    <HCFTH>

    Boomer, Apr 6, 2004
  16. C. B.

    °Mike° Guest

    On 06 Apr 2004 03:50:00 GMT, in
    <407228e7$0$173$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 06 Apr 2004 02:48:47 GMT, in
    >> <40721a8e$0$173$>
    >> Boomer scrawled:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>>Some scotch (neat) and some rest should fix that. :)

    >> What a good idea.... ;)

    >I think I'll have one too. Cheers! :)

    Cheers! :)

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004
  17. C. B.

    C. B. Guest

    In article <rzpcc.17458$>,
    says...
    > One of the new features of Eudora 6 is the Junk mail filtering. It scans all
    > incoming mail to match the return address with people in your address book.
    > This causes it to be slow. It was a bug in the first 2 versions of 6 that
    > came out. The latest version is 6.1 which just came out of beta status and
    > is now final fixed this issue.

    Thanks!

    I checked just now, and I see that I am I'm currently using 6.0.3

    So I will download the final version now and see if that makes a
    difference.

    So mote it be! :)

    C. B., Apr 13, 2004
  18. C. B.

    ~~AAJakeleg Guest

    Magic Mail is the greatest. View headers and delete files without ever
    touching them from the server.

    ~~AAJakeleg, Apr 13, 2004
  19. C. B.

    Ken Walsh Guest

    well I use `thebat` and I can see all the emails (headers) before I download so can
    pick what I want before it downloads (also filters into own dir`)

    I find this is a good email client a bit like `YAM` on the Amiga

    Ken Walsh

    Ken Walsh, Apr 13, 2004
  20. C. B.

    Boomer Guest

    "Ken Walsh" <bigkenwalsh@(nospam)btopenworld.com> wrote in

    > well I use `thebat` and I can see all the emails (headers) before
    > I download so can pick what I want before it downloads (also
    > filters into own dir`)
    >
    > I find this is a good email client a bit like `YAM` on the Amiga
    >
    > Ken Walsh

    Who are you talking to?

    Please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)

    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004