    I saw Sandisk 256 ultra 2 cards as Costco for about $65.

    Thanks in advance,
    Doug
    Doug Schaible, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Doug Schaible

    Annika1980 Guest

    Sandisk Extreme
    Annika1980, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Doug Schaible

    AT Guest

    the sansdisk are very good on my 300.

    AT, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Doug Schaible

    Johnny Guest

    > I was looking for a second CF card for my Canon 300D. I was thinking
    > about a 1gig card, but maybe 2 512 (or even 4 256) cards would be
    > "safer" (just incase they crash). I wanted to know what the best
    > brand/model is. By best I mean fast I/O speeds, reliable, power
    > usage, and value.

    Note that CF prices are high right now (512 mb 45x Transcend cards are
    running $30+ higher than before Thanksgiving). You'll probably save
    some money by waiting a couple of weeks for prices to go down.

    I've been using Transcend cards purchased from www.newegg.com without
    problems. For the most part, the speed increases provided by fast cards
    will only be realized during card to computer transfers if using a card
    reader. The faster speeds *generally* won't be realized when using the
    card in the camera.

    CF card speed database for 300D/Digital Rebel:
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-6425

    CF reader speed database:
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-6191-6217
    Johnny, Dec 31, 2003