What is the 70-210 Exam really like ?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Paul Rouse, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. Paul Rouse

    Paul Rouse Guest

    I've got 2 different books

    Microsoft - Windows 2000 Pro - Readiness Review

    and

    Mike Myers Passport - Windows 2000

    both come with CDs with test Q's on etc. Now the M/Soft one is very good and
    plain and simple in terms of the practice Q's but the other one is very
    tricky and includes questions that talk about OU's etc.

    I've also used some free tools from MeasureUp.com and examdrill.com and both
    these had lots of Q's involving Domains and OU's etc.

    I was led to believe that the 70-210 exam mainly focuses on WIN2K in a
    workgroup environment and that you dont need to know a lot about Group
    Policy/OU's/Domains etc etc.

    Can anyone help - I am looking to take the exam at a prometric test centre
    soon - which of the 2 books and other resources I've used most closely
    resembles the real thing ?

    As I'm close to booking but dont want to waste my entry fee if I'm not fully
    prepared (I would also rather not spend any more cash or additional
    resources if at all possible).

    Thanks for any help you may offer.

    Paul Rouse

    Paul Rouse, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Paul Rouse

    simon whale Guest

    Paul,

    I recently took the exam, the subjects that i found in the exam we as
    follows

    Installing windows
    Implementing and configuring resources
    Implementation, config and troubleshooting of hardware
    Monitoring and optimizing system resources
    Config and troubleshooting the desktop
    Imlpementing and troubleshooting network connections (both LAN and
    workgroup)
    Security

    I found that the questions had been related to a more work based
    enivornment, such as Jeff the administrator had done blah before he left the
    company what do you do. The exam subjects will cover anything that can
    possibley be completed with Windows 2000 Pro, so i would make sure that you
    understand about Networks, group policies, local policies etc. Personaly i
    belive there is a fair amount of info that you need to cover and understand.

    hope this helps
    Simon

    simon whale, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Paul Rouse

    Murphy Guest

    Hi!
    Try www.mcsebraindumps.com and You will see. ;-)
    Good luck!

    Mur

    Murphy, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Paul Rouse

    JaR Guest

    "Murphy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > Try www.braindumpsareforlusers.com and You will see. ;-)

    I fixed your URL for you.

    Now get back under the bridge.

    J.R. Jones
    A+ Net+ MCSA MCNGP#..................................42

    JaR, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Paul Rouse

    Murphy Guest

    Did I say anything wrong? It's not for learning or even cheating, but it's
    good when You are prepared and have nothing to do the eve before. OR (as
    this guy asked) for an idea what types of questions are there in the test.

    FYI: I found it a week before my last exam. ;-)

    Mur

    Murphy, Oct 8, 2003
  6. "Murphy" <> wrote in message
    > Did I say anything wrong?

    No, but you typed something wrong.

    > It's not for learning or even cheating,

    You're half right.

    > but it's
    > good when You are prepared and have nothing to do the eve before.

    Nothing to do the eve before? Sigh... I'm bored... test tomorrow. Think
    I'll cheat.

    > OR (as
    > this guy asked) for an idea what types of questions are there in the test.

    There are legitimate sources for that.

    > FYI: I found it a week before my last exam. ;-)

    I'll bet your mother's so proud. You -seem- like a nice enough guy, but
    you're horribly misguided.

    > Mur

    Fris

    --
    Fris "I guess I need to post more incorrect answers on that site" bee® MCNGP

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    Frisbee® MCNGP, Oct 8, 2003