What is that Convertible behind the truck

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Clot, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. Clot

    Clot Guest

    Clot, Jun 20, 2010

  2. Clot

    joevan Guest

    joevan, Jun 20, 2010

  3. Clot

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Jun 20, 2010
  4. Clot

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:22:07 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:50:02 +0100, Clot ??o??:
    >
    >> As the title.
    >>
    >> At 3.07 in.
    >>
    >> I'm curious.
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCkRWE5GU&feature=related

    >Looks like an Austin Healey Sprite maybe mid 1960's.

    That's is what I was thinking of when I said Austin. I had forgotten
    the Healey Sprite part.

    joevan, Jun 20, 2010
  5. Clot

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Jun 20, 2010
  6. Clot

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Jun 20, 2010
  7. Clot

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:29:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 6/20/2010 4:50 PM Just to please that super-ego, Clot wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> As the title.
    >>
    >> At 3.07 in.
    >>
    >> I'm curious.
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCkRWE5GU&feature=related
    >>

    > MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg
    >
    > It's the midget.
    >
    > http://terrifieddad.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mg_midget_16.jpg

    I need to get me one of them. Would make an excellent tow car.

    --
    I learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone, so you got to please
    yourself.

    richard, Jun 21, 2010
  8. Clot

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Jun 21, 2010
  9. Clot

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 6/20/2010 6:08 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:26:02 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >
    >> On 6/20/2010 4:50 PM Just to please that super-ego, Clot wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> As the title.
    >>>
    >>> At 3.07 in.
    >>>
    >>> I'm curious.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCkRWE5GU&feature=related
    >>>

    >> MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg

    > That's it. A friend had one a long time ago in the 70's. What a fun car
    > to drive if you greased the seats with KY so you could squeeze in it.

    Definitely a fun little car I think top speed was something like 80MPH.
    I think the one in the video is a Midget.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Jun 21, 2010
  10. Clot

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 6/20/2010 6:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:29:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 6/20/2010 4:50 PM Just to please that super-ego, Clot wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> As the title.
    >>>
    >>> At 3.07 in.
    >>>
    >>> I'm curious.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCkRWE5GU&feature=related
    >>>

    >> MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg
    >>
    >> It's the midget.
    >>
    >> http://terrifieddad.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mg_midget_16.jpg

    > I need to get me one of them. Would make an excellent tow car.

    I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one. I bought
    one in the early 60's, don't know why, but it was fun on the Hwy but no
    good on dirt roads, and in the 60's there were a lot of them.

    OldGringo38, Jun 21, 2010
  11. Clot

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:06:48 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 6/20/2010 6:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:29:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 6/20/2010 4:50 PM Just to please that super-ego, Clot wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg
    >>>
    >>> It's the midget.
    >>>
    >>> http://terrifieddad.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mg_midget_16.jpg

    >> I need to get me one of them. Would make an excellent tow car.
    >>

    > I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one. I bought
    > one in the early 60's, don't know why, but it was fun on the Hwy but no
    > good on dirt roads, and in the 60's there were a lot of them.

    Found quite a few of them on ebay.
    More common ones seemed to be from the 70's.

    richard, Jun 21, 2010
  12. Clot

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:03:38 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > On 6/20/2010 6:08 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:26:02 -0500, OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >>
    >>> On 6/20/2010 4:50 PM Just to please that super-ego, Clot wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg

    >> That's it. A friend had one a long time ago in the 70's. What a fun car
    >> to drive if you greased the seats with KY so you could squeeze in it.

    > Definitely a fun little car I think top speed was something like 80MPH.
    > I think the one in the video is a Midget.

    Yeah the 70's midget top speed was 80mph but in 2nd gear!

    Meat Plow, Jun 21, 2010
  13. Clot

    LSMFT Guest

    LSMFT, Jun 21, 2010
  14. Clot

    Aardvark Guest

    Aardvark, Jun 21, 2010
  15. OldGringo38 wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >>>
    >>> MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg

    >> That's it. A friend had one a long time ago in the 70's. What a fun
    >> car to drive if you greased the seats with KY so you could squeeze
    >> in it.

    > Definitely a fun little car I think top speed was something like
    > 80MPH. I think the one in the video is a Midget.

    I think the one in the video is a Sunbeam Alpine.
    http://www.full-service-aviator.com/Sunbeam_Alpine.jpg
    (It's not any model MG.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 21, 2010
  16. OldGringo38 wrote:

    > I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

    I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
    http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
    at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.

    There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
    but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em. >g>

    Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 21, 2010
  17. Clot

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:24:39 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

    > I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
    > http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
    > at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
    >
    > There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
    > but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em. >g>
    >
    > Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

    And the only access to the vehicle was through the front. Bubble cars
    used to be all the rage here in the UK in the early sixties. Very beatnik.

    Aardvark, Jun 21, 2010
  18. Clot

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 6/20/2010 8:15 PM Just to please that super-ego, Beauregard T.
    Shagnasty wrote the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:
    >>> OldGringo38 ÇʇoɹÊ:

    >>> That's it. A friend had one a long time ago in the 70's. What a fun
    >>> car to drive if you greased the seats with KY so you could squeeze
    >>> in it.

    >> Definitely a fun little car I think top speed was something like
    >> 80MPH. I think the one in the video is a Midget.

    > I think the one in the video is a Sunbeam Alpine.
    > http://www.full-service-aviator.com/Sunbeam_Alpine.jpg
    > (It's not any model MG.)

    Look at the parking light, you have to stop the video to see it along
    with other details. Or do you just like to blow smoke. It is an MG Midget.

    OldGringo38, Jun 21, 2010
  19. Clot

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 6/20/2010 8:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Beauregard T.
    Shagnasty wrote the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

    > I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
    > http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
    > at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
    >
    > There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
    > but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
    >
    > Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

    I remember when BMW put the Izeta on the market as an attempt to save
    their ass when things were rough for them.
    http://www.flippotheclown.com/izeta.jpg Looked a lot like your Heinkel.

    OldGringo38, Jun 21, 2010
  20. Clot

    alan Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On 6/20/2010 8:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Beauregard T.
    > Shagnasty wrote the following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

    >> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
    >> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
    >> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
    >>
    >> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
    >> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
    >>
    >> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/
    >>

    > I remember when BMW put the Izeta on the market as an attempt to save
    > their ass when things were rough for them.
    > http://www.flippotheclown.com/izeta.jpg Looked a lot like your Heinkel.

    The Isetta was originally made by the Iso company of Italy in 1953, then
    later manufactured in France by Velam and in Brazil by Romi and in Germany
    by BMW in l955 . . .

    I recall seeing a few of them in Berkeley in the 60s and 70s, but haven't
    seen one on the road anywhere since then .. .

    alan, Jun 21, 2010