What is tdmy.com?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by george, May 30, 2004.

  1. george

    george Guest

    Hi all,

    For some time I've noticed my system hooked up to tdmy.com. I go
    suspicious when I booted Acrobat6 and it went to tdmy first then to
    adobe.com. I found this place to be a porno search engine. None of
    the usual spy stuff removes it. I removed several dozen instances of
    it from my registry and acrobat still hooks up to it. Google search
    id's it as spyware but offers only a few solutions which in themselves
    seem to be flaky.

    Any suggestions?

    George
    george, May 30, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. george

    zz Guest

    george wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > For some time I've noticed my system hooked up to tdmy.com. I go
    > suspicious when I booted Acrobat6 and it went to tdmy first then to
    > adobe.com. I found this place to be a porno search engine. None of
    > the usual spy stuff removes it. I removed several dozen instances of
    > it from my registry and acrobat still hooks up to it. Google search
    > id's it as spyware but offers only a few solutions which in themselves
    > seem to be flaky.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > George


    Use Google search and you will find a lot of help including
    http://www.onlinepcfix.com/spyware/Lop.htm:

    "Lop masquerades as an mp3 search engine. It is capable of:

    * Hijacking your starting page
    * Adding the Lop Toolbar to Internet Explorer
    * Adding the Lop Toolbar to Windows Explorer
    * Causing frequent Windows Explorer & Internet Explorer crashes
    * Popup advertisements (including pornographic ads)
    * Adding Lop links to your Bookmarks (Favorites)
    * Installing software on your PC without your consent
    * Tracking your site visits and reporting them back to Lop (for
    advertising purposes)
    Once Lop takes over, your start page could become one of the
    following:.... tdmy.com......"

    g-w
    zz, May 31, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. george

    george Guest

    Thanks zz. I saw and tried that one. It found the problem, but I'll
    have to wait till payday to buy it so it will remove the files. I
    have spent sooooo much money on these progs only to find there isn't
    any one prog to handle all of the trojans.

    TerryOn Mon, 31 May 2004 01:05:41 GMT, zz <> wrote:

    >george wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> For some time I've noticed my system hooked up to tdmy.com. I go
    >> suspicious when I booted Acrobat6 and it went to tdmy first then to
    >> adobe.com. I found this place to be a porno search engine. None of
    >> the usual spy stuff removes it. I removed several dozen instances of
    >> it from my registry and acrobat still hooks up to it. Google search
    >> id's it as spyware but offers only a few solutions which in themselves
    >> seem to be flaky.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> George

    >
    >Use Google search and you will find a lot of help including
    >http://www.onlinepcfix.com/spyware/Lop.htm:
    >
    >"Lop masquerades as an mp3 search engine. It is capable of:
    >
    > * Hijacking your starting page
    > * Adding the Lop Toolbar to Internet Explorer
    > * Adding the Lop Toolbar to Windows Explorer
    > * Causing frequent Windows Explorer & Internet Explorer crashes
    > * Popup advertisements (including pornographic ads)
    > * Adding Lop links to your Bookmarks (Favorites)
    > * Installing software on your PC without your consent
    > * Tracking your site visits and reporting them back to Lop (for
    >advertising purposes)
    >Once Lop takes over, your start page could become one of the
    >following:.... tdmy.com......"
    >
    >g-w
    george, May 31, 2004
    #3
  4. george

    george Guest

    Thanks Jim

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:06:06 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >_way says...
    >> On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:01:48 -0400, george <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Thanks zz. I saw and tried that one. It found the problem, but I'll
    >> >have to wait till payday to buy it so it will remove the files. I
    >> >have spent sooooo much money on these progs only to find there isn't
    >> >any one prog to handle all of the trojans.

    >>
    >> Spybot gets rid of Lop and its free - no need to wait.

    >
    >http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download
    >
    >There are two SpyBot vendors/applications on the market - one of them
    >doesn't remove anything unless you pay, the other one does a better job
    >and is free. I posted the link to the good/free one - it's never failed
    >me yet.
    >
    >
    >--
    george, May 31, 2004
    #4
  5. george

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:01:48 -0400, george <> wrote:

    >Thanks zz. I saw and tried that one. It found the problem, but I'll
    >have to wait till payday to buy it so it will remove the files. I
    >have spent sooooo much money on these progs only to find there isn't
    >any one prog to handle all of the trojans.


    Spybot gets rid of Lop and its free - no need to wait.


    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jun 1, 2004
    #5
  6. george

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    _way says...
    > On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:01:48 -0400, george <> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks zz. I saw and tried that one. It found the problem, but I'll
    > >have to wait till payday to buy it so it will remove the files. I
    > >have spent sooooo much money on these progs only to find there isn't
    > >any one prog to handle all of the trojans.

    >
    > Spybot gets rid of Lop and its free - no need to wait.


    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

    There are two SpyBot vendors/applications on the market - one of them
    doesn't remove anything unless you pay, the other one does a better job
    and is free. I posted the link to the good/free one - it's never failed
    me yet.


    --
    --

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Jun 1, 2004
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.

Share This Page