    otherwise these are hidden file.
    Can I delete these or keep it.
    , Aug 14, 2006

  2. John Lord Guest

    I've notice the same on my system, I think they are something to do with
    Windows Live, I don't think they are anything malicious

    John Lord, Aug 14, 2006

  3. Alan Guest

    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=SQM
    Alan, Aug 14, 2006
  4. Guest

    , Aug 14, 2006
  5. Guest

    This link I know, but it didn't produce any relevant info.
    , Aug 15, 2006
  6. Guest

    wrote:

    >This link I know, but it didn't produce any relevant info.

    The link says the files are data files from a game call'd flashpoint.

    --
    Dry Ice Bombs.
    http://strmz.com/Clip2382
  7. wrote:
    > wrote:
    >

    >>This link I know, but it didn't produce any relevant info.

    > The link says the files are data files from a game call'd flashpoint.

    From the extension .sqm, it looks to me like a file that squaims you.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 15, 2006
  8. Arasi Guest

    wrote:
    > I have found that many sqmdata00.sqm type of files are in my C
    > folder(Hidden). I have seen this while attaching file to e-mail,
    > otherwise these are hidden file.
    > Can I delete these or keep it.

    I think it is part of Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program.
    sqm =service quality monitoring
    Did you say yes to a balloon that asked if you wanted to "Help make a
    Microsoft program better"
    Arasi, Aug 15, 2006
  9. mik3 Guest

    wrote:
    > I have found that many sqmdata00.sqm type of files are in my C
    > folder(Hidden). I have seen this while attaching file to e-mail,
    > otherwise these are hidden file.
    > Can I delete these or keep it.

    These files are Windows Live messenger/messenger related if i am not
    wrong.
    mik3, Aug 15, 2006
  10. Guest

    No I never click to yes of MIcrosoft Improv Prog?

    No never said yes
    Arasi wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have found that many sqmdata00.sqm type of files are in my C
    > > folder(Hidden). I have seen this while attaching file to e-mail,
    > > otherwise these are hidden file.
    > > Can I delete these or keep it.

    > I think it is part of Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program.
    > sqm =service quality monitoring
    > Did you say yes to a balloon that asked if you wanted to "Help make a
    > Microsoft program better"
    , Aug 16, 2006
  11. Guest

    mik3 wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have found that many sqmdata00.sqm type of files are in my C
    > > folder(Hidden). I have seen this while attaching file to e-mail,
    > > otherwise these are hidden file.
    > > Can I delete these or keep it.

    > These files are Windows Live messenger/messenger related if i am not
    > wrong.

    So to whom I believe? Is it concerning to falspoint or Windows Live
    Messenger or Microsoft Improvement Program (Service Quality
    Monitoring). Although these are files are not big but number is
    increasing day by day? My question is that who created these and can I
    kill these insurgents?
    , Aug 16, 2006
  12. Guest

    wrote:

    >mik3 wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > I have found that many sqmdata00.sqm type of files are in my C
    >> > folder(Hidden). I have seen this while attaching file to e-mail,
    >> > otherwise these are hidden file.
    >> > Can I delete these or keep it.

    >> These files are Windows Live messenger/messenger related if i am not
    >> wrong.

    >So to whom I believe? Is it concerning to falspoint or Windows Live
    >Messenger or Microsoft Improvement Program (Service Quality
    >Monitoring). Although these are files are not big but number is
    >increasing day by day? My question is that who created these and can I
    >kill these insurgents?

    Download FileAlyzer

    look for key words.

    --
    Dry Ice Bombs.
    http://strmz.com/Clip2382
  13. cykickspy

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    >> I have found that many sqmdata00.sqm type of files are in my C
    >> folder(Hidden). I have seen this while attaching file to e-mail,
    >> otherwise these are hidden file.
    >> Can I delete these or keep it.[/color]

    > I think it is part of Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program.
    > sqm =service quality monitoring
    > Did you say yes to a balloon that asked if you wanted to "Help make a
    > Microsoft program better"[/QUOTE]

    SQM = Software Quality Metrics, it is part of the Microsoft Customer Experience Program which is a part of Messenger.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
    cykickspy, Feb 27, 2009