    What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
    why would one use shtml instead?
    TIA
    whenindoubt, Jan 29, 2004

  2. whenindoubt

    HamMan Guest

    "whenindoubt" <> wrote in message
    news:5V7Sb.13364$...
    > Web Rookie here.
    > What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
    > why would one use shtml instead?
    > TIA

    You shouldnt use html at all, learn a more widely used language such as
    java, asp or php
    HamMan, Jan 29, 2004

  3. whenindoubt

    Rud Guest

    "HamMan" <> wrote in message

    > "whenindoubt" <> wrote in message
    > > Web Rookie here.
    > > What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html

    and
    > > why would one use shtml instead?
    > > TIA
    > >

    > You shouldnt use html at all, learn a more widely used language such as
    > java, asp or php

    HTML is a widely used language. PHP, Java and asp are only required when
    needed (dynamic content etc)
    Rud, Jan 29, 2004
  4. whenindoubt

    Rud Guest

    > Web Rookie here.
    > What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
    > why would one use shtml instead?
    > TIA

    Have a look at this site.

    http://www.apacheweek.com/features/ssi
    Rud, Jan 29, 2004
  5. whenindoubt

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Jan 29, 2004
  6. whenindoubt

    L Beck Guest

    "HamMan" <> wrote in message

    > "whenindoubt" <> wrote in message
    > > Web Rookie here.
    > > What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html

    and
    > > why would one use shtml instead?
    > > TIA
    > >

    > You shouldnt use html at all, learn a more widely used language such as
    > java, asp or php

    That wasn't the question.
    L Beck, Jan 29, 2004
  7. On 29 Jan 2004, whenindoubt wrote

    > Web Rookie here.
    > What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular
    > html and why would one use shtml instead?
    > TIA

    This hyperdictionary entry might help:

    http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/server-parsed HTML

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.
    Harvey Van Sickle, Jan 29, 2004
  8. "whenindoubt" <> wrote in message
    > Web Rookie here.
    > What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
    > why would one use shtml instead?
    > TIA

    Basically, its for pages that have SSI content. See
    bignosebird.com/ssi.shtml for details.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup
    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Jan 29, 2004
  9. whenindoubt

    whenindoubt Guest

    Thanks for the answers. It was all I needed!

    whenindoubt, Jan 29, 2004
  10. In article <bvb3cm$a52$>,
    says...

    > "whenindoubt" <> wrote in message
    > > Web Rookie here.
    > > What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
    > > why would one use shtml instead?
    > > TIA
    > >

    > You shouldnt use html at all, learn a more widely used language such as
    > java, asp or php

    What!? HTML is far more widely used that Java or PHP. ASP isn't even a
    language, BTW.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 29, 2004
  11. On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:29:37 GMT, "whenindoubt"
    <> wrote:

    >Web Rookie here.
    >What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
    >why would one use shtml instead?
    >TIA

    S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
    personal information.
    David A. Seiver, Jan 31, 2004
  12. whenindoubt

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

    >On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:29:37 GMT, "whenindoubt"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Web Rookie here.
    >>What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
    >>why would one use shtml instead?
    >>TIA
    >>

    >S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
    >personal information.

    Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?

    Try these,
    http://www.activewin.com/tips/programs/frontpage/frontpage_tips_9.shtml
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=SHTML

    http://www.howstuffworks.com/question226.htm
    Pages tagged with shtml reveal that "Server Side Includes" are being
    used on the server. Htm and Html pages are static. The file is lifted
    off the server's disk and sent verbatim to the client. With SSI, a page
    can contain tags indicating that another file should be inserted in
    place of the tag in the existing page. So a page is lifted off the
    server's disk and the server makes all the substitutions indicated.

    Me
    why?, Jan 31, 2004
  13. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?

    >On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:29:37 GMT, "whenindoubt"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Web Rookie here.
    >>>What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
    >>>why would one use shtml instead?
    >>>TIA
    >>>

    >>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
    >>personal information.

    >Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?

    Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.
    David A. Seiver, Jan 31, 2004
  14. "David A. Seiver" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?
    > <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >

    > >On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

    and

    > >>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
    > >>personal information.

    > >Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?
    > >

    > Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

    Web Definition: SHTML - The filename extension enables the Web
    server to differentiate those pages that need to be processed before they
    are sent to the browser.

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Jan 31, 2004
  15. whenindoubt

    Rud Guest

    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?
    > <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >

    > >On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

    and

    > >>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
    > >>personal information.

    > >Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?
    > >

    > Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

    Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word correct. You used it
    inappropriately in that sentence.
    Rud, Feb 1, 2004
  16. On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:38:18 GMT, "Rud" <> wrote:

    >"David A. Seiver" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?
    >> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >and

    >> >Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?
    >> >

    >> Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

    >Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word correct. You used it
    >inappropriately in that sentence.

    Thank you, Teacher.
    David A. Seiver, Feb 1, 2004
  17. whenindoubt

    Rud Guest

    > On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:38:18 GMT, "Rud" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"David A. Seiver" <> wrote in message

    html
    > >and

    > >> Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

    > >Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word correct. You used

    it
    > >inappropriately in that sentence.
    > >

    > Thank you, Teacher.

    You're welcome. Don't let it happen again. ;O)
    Rud, Feb 1, 2004
  18. whenindoubt

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:42:55 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

    >On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

    >>>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
    >>>personal information.

    >>Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?
    >>

    >Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

    Example , please.

    Me
    why?, Feb 1, 2004
  19. On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:28:51 GMT, why?

    >On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:42:55 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:
    >

    >>Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

    >Example , please.
    >
    >Me

    No, sorry, I wuz wrong! It actually stand for S--T HTML, which is
    anything written with Easy HTML Starter.
    David A. Seiver, Feb 1, 2004