    right, but don't completly understand what is happening during post. Can
    anyone tell me more about post?

    Thank You.

    Raymond, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Raymond

    AG Guest

    "Raymond" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was looking at A+ question asking about post,bios,gui, I got the

    question
    > right, but don't completly understand what is happening during post. Can
    > anyone tell me more about post?
    >
    > Thank You.

    Power On Self Test
    It explains itself but the system does some basic tests to see if everything
    is OK before it boots. It doesn't check for most errors and the memory test
    is usually not very through but that is what happens.
    AG

    AG, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Raymond

    Gary Guest

    POST- refers to power on self test. Yhis happens at start up when the
    mobo esentially checks itself out.

    Gary, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Raymond

    James Guest

    "Raymond" <> wrote in message
    > I was looking at A+ question asking about post,bios,gui, I got the

    question
    > right, but don't completly understand what is happening during post. Can
    > anyone tell me more about post?
    >
    > Thank You.

    The Post actually sends a signal to all concerned devices (memory
    controller, video controller etc) to test themselves - this is why its
    called Power on Self Test. After the CPU has tested the power good signal
    for strength it calls the BIOS to run POST. POST allows other devices on the
    board to report back if they have an error. If they report an error, the
    POST reports to you. Each device has its own testing function.

    JJ

    James, Jan 16, 2004
  5. Raymond

    Raymond Guest

    Thank you all very much.

    Raymond, Jan 16, 2004
  6. Raymond

    Karkucus Guest

    Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is greate Link
    for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp

    Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
    and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
    US $ 63
    http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp

    Karkucus, Jan 18, 2004