    My question is how can I find out the public IP address assigned to my
    router from the cable company? I'm running Windows XP.

    I appreciate your help.
    NetSurfer, Oct 28, 2005

  2. NetSurfer

    mdp Guest

    NetSurfer wrote:
    > I've got a basic question.
    >
    > In my home I've a Linksys cable modem/wireless router combo equipment.
    > My computer is connected fine with it.
    >
    > I understand that there is a private IP address (198.168.X.X) assigned
    > to the computer from the router. I also understand that there is a IP
    > address assigned to the router (198.168.X.Y).
    >
    > My question is how can I find out the public IP address assigned to my
    > router from the cable company? I'm running Windows XP.
    >
    > I appreciate your help.

    68.4.156.102
    mdp, Oct 28, 2005

  3. NetSurfer

    mdp Guest

    mdp wrote:
    > NetSurfer wrote:
    >> I've got a basic question.
    >>
    >> In my home I've a Linksys cable modem/wireless router combo
    >> equipment. My computer is connected fine with it.
    >>
    >> I understand that there is a private IP address (198.168.X.X)
    >> assigned to the computer from the router. I also understand that
    >> there is a IP address assigned to the router (198.168.X.Y).
    >>
    >> My question is how can I find out the public IP address assigned to
    >> my router from the cable company? I'm running Windows XP.
    >>
    >> I appreciate your help.

    > 68.4.156.102

    This site will give it to you also.

    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
    mdp, Oct 28, 2005
  4. NetSurfer

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Oct 28, 2005
  5. NetSurfer

    NetSurfer Guest

    Thanks - but is there any way I can find the public IP address from
    running some command from my Windows XP? I tried the ipconfig /all but
    that didn't provide me the results. Is there anything else I can try?
    NetSurfer, Oct 28, 2005
  6. NetSurfer wrote:
    > Thanks - but is there any way I can find the public IP address from
    > running some command from my Windows XP? I tried the ipconfig /all but
    > that didn't provide me the results. Is there anything else I can try?

    Have you had a chance to look at Plato's suggestion?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 28, 2005
  7. NetSurfer

    mdp Guest

    You can go into your router. The address is usually:

    http://192.168.0.1

    Default Username and Passwords are often both 'admin' or Username is left
    blank and the Password is 'admin' (without the quotes)

    mdp, Oct 28, 2005
  8. NetSurfer

    Thaqalain Guest

    Dowload Everset Home Ed.,U will get all IDs in detail text report
    format in Lavalys folder of Program Files.
    Thaqalain, Oct 28, 2005
  9. NetSurfer

    Sarah Guest

    "Thaqalain" <> wrote in message
    > Dowload Everset Home Ed.,U will get all IDs in detail text report
    > format in Lavalys folder of Program Files.

    Everset = Everest
    Sarah, Oct 28, 2005