    Need advice

    Regards,
    Rachana

    Rachana, Jan 8, 2008

  2. Rachana

    Plato Guest

    Rachana wrote:

    > At present I am having VS2003 - P4 - intel - 2.4GHz - RAM 512 MB - HD
    > 80 GB - OS Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
    >
    > I am thinking of going with latest version VS2008. What is minimum
    > hardware requirement?

    You really want to be a BETA tester for free?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 8, 2008

  3. Rachana

    7 Guest

    Rachana wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am very new to VB.Net
    >
    > At present I am having VS2003 - P4 - intel - 2.4GHz - RAM 512 MB - HD
    > 80 GB - OS Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
    >
    > I am thinking of going with latest version VS2008. What is minimum
    > hardware requirement?
    >
    > Need advice
    >
    > Regards,
    > Rachana

    There is a free equivalent called Gambas that runs on Linux.
    You can install say Ubuntu Linux and using Synaptic download
    and install Gambas. Its open source, free and works like a dream. It can
    hook into databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite and can also
    run C programs and scripts that are common in Linux OS
    making it extremely powerful. Because you got the source code
    you can make anything and turn it into say a liveCD that boots
    and runs Linux and your gambas application on the PC.
    http://www.ubuntu.com
    http://gambas.sourceforge.net/

    7, Jan 8, 2008
  4. Rachana

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 23:29:55 -0800 (PST), Rachana wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I am very new to VB.Net
    >
    >At present I am having VS2003 - P4 - intel - 2.4GHz - RAM 512 MB - HD
    >80 GB - OS Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
    >
    >I am thinking of going with latest version VS2008. What is minimum
    >hardware requirement?

    Not getting any info from the MS Developers site for VS2008
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/default.aspx
    or the MS developer news groups?

    The link from there (or close by) for the forum
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=6&SiteID=1

    The list of vstudio group names,
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33606732&expand=1

    >Need advice