    when i try to down load i get a blank screen EXCEPT for a small window , upper
    left corner , with 3 colored " icons " , a red square , a blue triangle and a
    1/2 moon green . what is it ? how to fix ? WALT

    Wbelsito, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Wbelsito

    Sultan Guest

    Wbelsito wrote in news::

    > small window , upper
    > left corner , with 3 colored " icons " , a red square , a blue
    > triangle and a 1/2 moon green

    Walt, you must have missed the memo. We disbanded the gang. Now it's just
    me and a bunch of other geeks. Seriously though are you seeing the "icons"
    and such in your web browser window? If so what is the url and what are you
    trying to download?

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Wbelsito

    Big D Guest

    "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > Wbelsito wrote in news::
    >
    > > small window , upper
    > > left corner , with 3 colored " icons " , a red square , a blue
    > > triangle and a 1/2 moon green

    > Walt, you must have missed the memo. We disbanded the gang. Now it's just
    > me and a bunch of other geeks. Seriously though are you seeing the "icons"
    > and such in your web browser window? If so what is the url and what are

    you
    > trying to download?
    >
    > Sultan

    Those "icons" are a lot like the discs used in a tv gameshow called "The
    Adventure Game" which was on tv over here in the UK in the 80's?

    Could just be a pop-up window?

    what are you trying to download and whats the url?

    Big D, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Wbelsito

    Wbelsito Guest

    Wbelsito, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Wbelsito

    ICee Guest

    ICee, Jan 10, 2004
  6. Sultan wrote:

    > Wbelsito wrote in news::
    >
    >> small window , upper
    >> left corner , with 3 colored " icons " , a red square , a blue
    >> triangle and a 1/2 moon green

    > Walt, you must have missed the memo. We disbanded the gang. Now it's just
    > me and a bunch of other geeks. Seriously though are you seeing the "icons"
    > and such in your web browser window? If so what is the url and what are you
    > trying to download?

    I dunno what he wanted, but from his description it sounds like he's
    downloaded part of a some kind of new age slot machine. :)

    And NOTHING matches -- he lost.

    --
    Blinky Registered Linux User #297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 10, 2004
  7. Wbelsito

    Unk Guest

    On 10 Jan 2004 04:54:47 GMT, (Wbelsito) wrote:

    >hi gang ; new down load problem .
    >when i try to down load i get a blank screen EXCEPT for a small window , upper
    >left corner , with 3 colored " icons " , a red square , a blue triangle and a
    >1/2 moon green . what is it ? how to fix ? WALT

    That's the symbol for a "placeholder". Close IE.
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, "Advanced"
    tab, scroll down the list to the "Multimedia" section, uncheck "Show image
    download placeholders", check the box, "Show Images", "Apply", "OK"

    The file you're trying to download ( http://novatech-instr.com/Fun/cb_1.pdf)
    is a .PDF document. You need the free Adobe Reader to view it. Download
    it here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

    Unk, Jan 10, 2004
  8. Wbelsito

    Sultan Guest

    Wbelsito wrote in news::

    > sultan ; http://novatech-instr.com/Fun/cb_1.pdf
    > WALT

    That is a pdf file, you need to go to adobe.com and download Acrobat Reader
    6.0 which is free. Install it and you will then be able to open the pdf
    file in your browser.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 10, 2004