    Steve

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------
    Steve 'Wacko', Sep 5, 2003

  2. Steve 'Wacko'

    Richard Guest

    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/InternetOptimizer.html
    Richard, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Steve 'Wacko'

    Boomer Guest

    Steve 'Wacko' said:

    > Can someone tell why when I cant find a certain web page it will
    > automatically go to 'internet-optimzer' website..............
    >

    > I have a funny feeling it has something to do with my lad, I
    > have tried to delete the files and folders etc but obviously I
    > didnt................
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how I can get it back how it was i.e 'cannot
    > find page' and why this Internet Optimizer has got onto the PC
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Steve

    Instructions for removal are here:
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/InternetOptimizer.html

    Do you use these also?

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware
    Boomer, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Boomer

    Thanks for that, I have spybot, zonealarm, AVG all installed. Do I need ALL
    of the files you mentioned installed ??? Wont any of them conflict with each
    other ??????

    Everytime I use Spybot I keep getting the same tracking cookies....Commision
    Junction, gator and value click seem the most popular at the
    moment............Would the adware delete these....???

    Steve

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

    Steve 'Wacko', Sep 5, 2003
  5. Steve 'Wacko'

    Boomer Guest

    Steve 'Wacko' said:

    > Boomer
    >
    > Thanks for that, I have spybot, zonealarm, AVG all installed. Do
    > I need ALL of the files you mentioned installed ??? Wont any of
    > them conflict with each other ??????

    I would add Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster. No they should not
    conflict.

    > Everytime I use Spybot I keep getting the same tracking
    > cookies....Commision Junction, gator and value click seem the
    > most popular at the moment............Would the adware delete
    > these....???

    Ad-Aware will stop them. You might want to read the links I supplied
    also. :)

    Boomer, Sep 5, 2003
  6. Steve 'Wacko'

    bb3 Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Steve 'Wacko' said:
    >
    > > Boomer
    > >
    > > Thanks for that, I have spybot, zonealarm, AVG all installed. Do
    > > I need ALL of the files you mentioned installed ??? Wont any of
    > > them conflict with each other ??????

    > I would add Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster. No they should not
    > conflict.

    Actually, Ad-Aware will tag about 175 or so Spybot S&D entries as spyware.
    Spybot S&D will tell you this the first time it opens after Ad-Aware has
    been installed. Just add these files to your "Ignore List" in Ad-Aware.

    <snip>
    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    <snip>
    bb3, Sep 5, 2003
  7. Steve 'Wacko'

    Boomer Guest

    bb3 said:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Steve 'Wacko' said:
    >>
    >> > Boomer
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for that, I have spybot, zonealarm, AVG all installed.
    >> > Do I need ALL of the files you mentioned installed ??? Wont
    >> > any of them conflict with each other ??????

    >> I would add Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster. No they should not
    >> conflict.

    > Actually, Ad-Aware will tag about 175 or so Spybot S&D entries
    > as spyware. Spybot S&D will tell you this the first time it
    > opens after Ad-Aware has been installed. Just add these files
    > to your "Ignore List" in Ad-Aware.

    Much thanks, bb3. :)
    Boomer, Sep 5, 2003
  8. Steve 'Wacko'

    bb3 Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > bb3 said:
    >

    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    > >> I would add Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster. No they should not
    > >> conflict.

    > > Actually, Ad-Aware will tag about 175 or so Spybot S&D entries
    > > as spyware. Spybot S&D will tell you this the first time it
    > > opens after Ad-Aware has been installed. Just add these files
    > > to your "Ignore List" in Ad-Aware.

    > Much thanks, bb3. :)

    You're very welcome.
    bb3, Sep 5, 2003
  9. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    These three should ALL be installed. They do not stay resident,
    and will not conflict with each other.

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 18:09:44 +0100, in
    <bjafp8$ou6$>
    Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 5, 2003
  10. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:25:19 GMT, in
    <3G36b.130213$>
    bb3 scrawled:

    >"Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Steve 'Wacko' said:
    >>
    >> > Boomer
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for that, I have spybot, zonealarm, AVG all installed. Do
    >> > I need ALL of the files you mentioned installed ??? Wont any of
    >> > them conflict with each other ??????

    >> I would add Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster. No they should not
    >> conflict.

    >Actually, Ad-Aware will tag about 175 or so Spybot S&D entries as spyware.
    >Spybot S&D will tell you this the first time it opens after Ad-Aware has
    >been installed. Just add these files to your "Ignore List" in Ad-Aware.

    It's never done that for me.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 5, 2003
  11. Steve 'Wacko'

    bb3 Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:25:19 GMT, in
    > <3G36b.130213$>
    > bb3 scrawled:
    >

    > >"Boomer" <> wrote in message

    > >> I would add Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster. No they should not
    > >> conflict.

    > >Actually, Ad-Aware will tag about 175 or so Spybot S&D entries as

    spyware.
    > >Spybot S&D will tell you this the first time it opens after Ad-Aware has
    > >been installed. Just add these files to your "Ignore List" in Ad-Aware.

    > It's never done that for me.
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    It did for me. When I first installed AA, then ran S&D, a prompt came up
    saying something to the effect of Spybot S&D has recognized that you have
    installed AdAware. AdAware will recognize some S&D files and that they were
    NOT spyware.

    This was the previous version of Spybot, not the current one.
    bb3, Sep 5, 2003
  12. Steve 'Wacko'

    Buffalo Guest

    "bb3"> > conflict.

    > Actually, Ad-Aware will tag about 175 or so Spybot S&D entries as spyware.
    > Spybot S&D will tell you this the first time it opens after Ad-Aware has
    > been installed. Just add these files to your "Ignore List" in Ad-Aware.

    Strange, I've been using both AdAware and Spybot and never had a conflict as
    mentioned above.
    Are you using the latest engine version of AdAware and S;ybot?
    Curious.
    Buffalo, Sep 5, 2003
  13. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:06:20 GMT, in
    <M856b.130318$>
    bb3 scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:25:19 GMT, in
    >> <3G36b.130213$>
    >> bb3 scrawled:

    <snip>

    >> >Actually, Ad-Aware will tag about 175 or so Spybot S&D entries
    >> >as spyware.
    >> >Spybot S&D will tell you this the first time it opens after Ad-Aware
    >> >has been installed. Just add these files to your "Ignore List" in
    >> >Ad-Aware.

    >> It's never done that for me.
    >>

    >It did for me. When I first installed AA, then ran S&D, a prompt came
    >up saying something to the effect of Spybot S&D has recognized that
    >you have installed AdAware. AdAware will recognize some S&D files
    >and that they were NOT spyware.
    >
    >This was the previous version of Spybot, not the current one.

    Nope, never had that problem with the previous version, either.
    The only excludes I have, are those of my own choosing - mostly
    usage and cookies.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 5, 2003
  14. Steve 'Wacko'

    bb3 Guest

    From the Spybot S&D page... http://tinyurl.com/me2x .
    bb3, Sep 5, 2003
  15. Steve 'Wacko'

    bb3 Guest

    Latest versions of both. See here... http://tinyurl.com/me2x .
    bb3, Sep 5, 2003
  16. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 20:31:50 GMT, in
    <Wo66b.130390$>
    bb3 scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:06:20 GMT, in
    >> <M856b.130318$>
    >> bb3 scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> <snip>

    >> >It did for me. When I first installed AA, then ran S&D, a prompt came
    >> >up saying something to the effect of Spybot S&D has recognized that
    >> >you have installed AdAware. AdAware will recognize some S&D files
    >> >and that they were NOT spyware.
    >> >
    >> >This was the previous version of Spybot, not the current one.

    >> Nope, never had that problem with the previous version, either.
    >> The only excludes I have, are those of my own choosing - mostly
    >> usage and cookies.
    >>

    >From the Spybot S&D page... http://tinyurl.com/me2x .

    That has *nothing* to do with SpyBot entries. It is the backups
    of *other* spyware, and accounts for why I haven't had any
    such problem - I don't keep backups.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 5, 2003
  17. Steve 'Wacko'

    bb3 Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 20:31:50 GMT, in
    > <Wo66b.130390$>
    > bb3 scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:06:20 GMT, in
    > >> <M856b.130318$>
    > >> bb3 scrawled:

    > >> <snip>

    Ad-Aware

    > >> Nope, never had that problem with the previous version, either.
    > >> The only excludes I have, are those of my own choosing - mostly
    > >> usage and cookies.
    > >>

    > >From the Spybot S&D page... http://tinyurl.com/me2x .

    > That has *nothing* to do with SpyBot entries. It is the backups
    > of *other* spyware, and accounts for why I haven't had any
    > such problem - I don't keep backups.
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Sorry...I didn't know "entries" was a technical term.
    bb3, Sep 5, 2003
  18. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:57:04 GMT, in
    <4x86b.130578$>
    bb3 scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> That has *nothing* to do with SpyBot entries. It is the backups
    >> of *other* spyware, and accounts for why I haven't had any
    >> such problem - I don't keep backups.
    >>

    >Sorry...I didn't know "entries" was a technical term.

    Ok. It's just that your post suggested that there was something
    that was part of SpyBot, that Ad-Aware didn't like. That plainly
    is not the case. No problem.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 6, 2003
  19. The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but
    because of those who look on and do nothing.
    --Albert Einstein
    "bb3" <> wrote in message

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > > Steve 'Wacko' said:
    > >
    > > > Boomer
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for that, I have spybot, zonealarm, AVG all installed. Do
    > > > I need ALL of the files you mentioned installed ??? Wont any of
    > > > them conflict with each other ??????

    > > I would add Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster. No they should not
    > > conflict.

    > Actually, Ad-Aware will tag about 175 or so Spybot S&D entries as spyware.
    > Spybot S&D will tell you this the first time it opens after Ad-Aware has
    > been installed. Just add these files to your "Ignore List" in Ad-Aware.
    >
    > <snip>

    > <snip>

    Ad Aware does not tag any Spybot on my computer. It seems to tag some
    machines/systems but not others. Spybot site also reminds the user that
    AdAware may "tag" it........but not always.

    lsj7

    longshotjohn7, Sep 9, 2003