what is image raid

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Aug 20, 2006.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:54:14 -0700, detap wrote:

    > ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please
    > make sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I
    > get this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp
    > professional dose any one know what this is

    Intel 975 mobo?

    Meat Plow, Aug 20, 2006

  2. Meat Plow

    SJP Guest

    "detap" <> wrote in message
    > ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please
    > make
    > sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I get
    > this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp professional
    > dose any one know what this is

    Still not corrected time zone on PC then. Posting from future

    detap, Aug 20, 2006
  4. Meat Plow

    old man Guest

    Perhaps you failed to install the drivers supplied with your mobo, or maybe
    you didnt read the mobo manual on installing these.

    old man, Aug 20, 2006
  5. detap enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk - (ab)users with:

    literally: " what is image raid"

    Perhaps they raided a truckload/harddrive/dvd spindle full of
    hard/childp0rn images?

    > ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please
    > make
    > sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I
    > get this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp
    > professional dose any one know what this is

    What do you see in device manager, when you tick "show hidden devices"?
    Looks like you've got a driver/configuration tool for such a controller
    installed, which complains that it can't find one ...
    Is it a 2nd hand computer?

    Walter Mautner, Aug 20, 2006
  6. Meat Plow

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "detap" <> wrote in message
    > ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please
    > make
    > sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I get
    > this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp professional
    > dose any one know what this is

    Image RAID isn't anything. Silicon Image is a brand, RAID is a way of using
    several disks as one. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID)

    You obviously have some software installed that's expecting to see a Silicon
    Image RAID controller somewhere in your computer and there isn't one, or it
    isn't set up properly.

    Rich Wilson, Aug 20, 2006
  7. Meat Plow

    ProfGene Guest

    detap wrote:
    > ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please make
    > sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I get
    > this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp professional
    > dose any one know what this is

    Raid is a hardware feature for installing devices such as extra hard
    drives. If there is nothing attatched to the Raid feature it might be
    referring to this fact.

    ProfGene, Aug 21, 2006
  8. Meat Plow

    detap Guest

    what are you talking about were do you think I live

    detap, Aug 23, 2006