what is good software to log keystrokes on my computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by admyc@hotmail.com, Aug 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes
    that are made on it as I want to discover the password that someone who
    uses my computer uses for their hotmail account.

    I want it purely for the purpose stated and therefore am not looking
    for any complicated programs that will take a long time to learn.

    Thanks

    A
     
    , Aug 26, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Notan Guest

    wrote:
    >
    > Hi
    >
    > I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    > can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes
    > that are made on it as I want to discover the password that someone who
    > uses my computer uses for their hotmail account.
    >
    > I want it purely for the purpose stated and therefore am not looking
    > for any complicated programs that will take a long time to learn.


    ROFL

    Notan
     
    Notan, Aug 26, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. David H. Lipman, Aug 26, 2006
    #3
  4. Anonyma Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    > can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes
    > that are made on it as I want to discover the password that someone who
    > uses my computer uses for their hotmail account.
    >
    > I want it purely for the purpose stated and therefore am not looking
    > for any complicated programs that will take a long time to learn.


    Google for "ValuHack". Everything you need in one small package. :)
     
    Anonyma, Aug 26, 2006
    #4
  5. melic Guest

    On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 03:54:27 +0100, Anonyma <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    >> can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes
    >> that are made on it as I want to discover the password that someone who
    >> uses my computer uses for their hotmail account.



    This will solve all your problems:

    http://tinyurl.com/3dg
     
    melic, Aug 26, 2006
    #5
  6. wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    > can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes that
    > are made on it


    <http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/klogger/>

    > as I want to discover the password that someone who uses my computer uses
    > for their hotmail account.


    Well, such a trivial task doesn't require any keylogger at all.
     
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Aug 26, 2006
    #6
  7. Guest

    try PC Activity Monitor:
    http://download.softsecurity.com/3/4/pca.zip


    wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    > can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes
    > that are made on it as I want to discover the password that someone who
    > uses my computer uses for their hotmail account.
    >
    > I want it purely for the purpose stated and therefore am not looking
    > for any complicated programs that will take a long time to learn.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > A
     
    , Aug 26, 2006
    #7
  8. Guest

    Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    > > can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes that
    > > are made on it

    >
    > <http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/klogger/>
    >
    > > as I want to discover the password that someone who uses my computer uses
    > > for their hotmail account.

    >
    > Well, such a trivial task doesn't require any keylogger at all.


    Why doesn't it require a keylogger, how else can I do it?

    A
     
    , Aug 26, 2006
    #8
  9. David H. Lipman, Aug 26, 2006
    #9
  10. Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:04:20 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >From: <>
    >
    >| try PC Activity Monitor:
    >| http://download.softsecurity.com
    >|
    >
    >
    >BitDefender 7.2 08.26.2006 Spyware.Pcacme.A
    >Fortinet 2.77.0.0 08.25.2006 Spy/PCAcme
    >Kaspersky 4.0.2.24 08.26.2006 not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.PCAcme.64
    >McAfee 4838 08.25.2006 potentially unwanted program Spyware-PCAcme
    >NOD32v2 1.1724 08.24.2006 Win32/Spy.PCAcme


    But as any of those should regard a keylogger as unwanted
    software, the question is does it actually contain additional
    functionality as spyware, or is it just a keylogger.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
     
    Jim Watt, Aug 26, 2006
    #10
  11. Notan Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:
    >
    > On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:04:20 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    > <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
    >
    > >From: <>
    > >
    > >| try PC Activity Monitor:
    > >| http://download.softsecurity.com
    > >|
    > >
    > >
    > >BitDefender 7.2 08.26.2006 Spyware.Pcacme.A
    > >Fortinet 2.77.0.0 08.25.2006 Spy/PCAcme
    > >Kaspersky 4.0.2.24 08.26.2006 not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.PCAcme.64
    > >McAfee 4838 08.25.2006 potentially unwanted program Spyware-PCAcme
    > >NOD32v2 1.1724 08.24.2006 Win32/Spy.PCAcme

    >
    > But as any of those should regard a keylogger as unwanted
    > software, the question is does it actually contain additional
    > functionality as spyware, or is it just a keylogger.


    What's your definition of spyware?

    Notan
     
    Notan, Aug 26, 2006
    #11
  12. wrote:

    >>> as I want to discover the password that someone who uses my computer uses
    >>> for their hotmail account.

    >>
    >> Well, such a trivial task doesn't require any keylogger at all.

    >
    > Why doesn't it require a keylogger, how else can I do it?


    By using a webbrowser that allows to store entered data? By intercepting
    the login communication while accepting the changed certificate?
     
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Aug 26, 2006
    #12
  13. David H. Lipman wrote:

    > From: <>
    >
    >| try PC Activity Monitor:
    >| http://download.softsecurity.com
    >|
    >
    > BitDefender 7.2 08.26.2006 Spyware.Pcacme.A
    > Fortinet 2.77.0.0 08.25.2006 Spy/PCAcme
    > Kaspersky 4.0.2.24 08.26.2006 not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.PCAcme.64
    > McAfee 4838 08.25.2006 potentially unwanted program Spyware-PCAcme
    > NOD32v2 1.1724 08.24.2006 Win32/Spy.PCAcme


    Seems like Kaspersky and McAfee are the only ones with competent naming
    conventions. :)
     
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Aug 26, 2006
    #13
  14. Rick Merrill Guest

    wrote:
    > Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Hi
    >>>
    >>>I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    >>>can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes that
    >>>are made on it

    >>
    >><http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/klogger/>
    >>
    >>>as I want to discover the password that someone who uses my computer uses
    >>>for their hotmail account.

    >>
    >>Well, such a trivial task doesn't require any keylogger at all.

    >
    >
    > Why doesn't it require a keylogger, how else can I do it?
    >
    > A
    >


    You are trying to steal someone else's password and you came here for help?
     
    Rick Merrill, Aug 26, 2006
    #14
  15. Notan Guest

    Rick Merrill wrote:
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
    > >
    > >> wrote:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>>Hi
    > >>>
    > >>>I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    > >>>can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes that
    > >>>are made on it
    > >>
    > >><http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/klogger/>
    > >>
    > >>>as I want to discover the password that someone who uses my computer uses
    > >>>for their hotmail account.
    > >>
    > >>Well, such a trivial task doesn't require any keylogger at all.

    > >
    > >
    > > Why doesn't it require a keylogger, how else can I do it?
    > >
    > > A
    > >

    >
    > You are trying to steal someone else's password and you came here for help?


    The only people more pathetic than the OP are those that try to help him/her.

    Notan
     
    Notan, Aug 26, 2006
    #15
  16. Rick Merrill wrote:

    > You are trying to steal someone else's password and you came here for help?


    He has full authority on his computer. If someone trusts him to not log
    every input, it might just be unjustified.

    For the very same reason, I'd never enter any credentials in a cyber café.
     
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Aug 26, 2006
    #16
  17. Notan Guest

    Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
    >
    > Rick Merrill wrote:
    >
    > > You are trying to steal someone else's password and you came here for help?

    >
    > He has full authority on his computer. If someone trusts him to not log
    > every input, it might just be unjustified.
    >
    > For the very same reason, I'd never enter any credentials in a cyber café.


    It's an invasion of privacy.

    It's no different than renting a room to someone, then spying on them.

    Notan
     
    Notan, Aug 26, 2006
    #17
  18. Rick Merrill Guest

    Notan wrote:

    > Rick Merrill wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>Hi
    >>>>>
    >>>>>I was just wondering if there is any simple software out there that I
    >>>>>can install on my computer (PC) so that I can record the keystrokes that
    >>>>>are made on it
    >>>>
    >>>><http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/klogger/>
    >>>>
    >>>>>as I want to discover the password that someone who uses my computer uses
    >>>>>for their hotmail account.
    >>>>
    >>>>Well, such a trivial task doesn't require any keylogger at all.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Why doesn't it require a keylogger, how else can I do it?
    >>>
    >>>A
    >>>

    >>
    >>You are trying to steal someone else's password and you came here for help?

    >
    >
    > The only people more pathetic than the OP are those that try to help him/her.
    >
    > Notan


    More like trying to dope slap 'im! He's a self described thief!
     
    Rick Merrill, Aug 26, 2006
    #18
  19. From: "Jim Watt" <_way>


    |
    | But as any of those should regard a keylogger as unwanted
    | software, the question is does it actually contain additional
    | functionality as spyware, or is it just a keylogger.

    This is considered "Spyware" that contains a Keylogging component.

    BTW:
    From Symantec:

    filename: pcacme.exe
    machine: AVCAutomation:
    result: This file is detected as Spyware.PCAcme.
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/spyware.pcacme.html

    --
    Dave
    http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
     
    David H. Lipman, Aug 26, 2006
    #19
  20. Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:26:51 -0600, Notan
    <> wrote:

    >What's your definition of spyware?


    Software which discloses information to someone
    other than the party who installed it.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
     
    Jim Watt, Aug 26, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,748
  2. Theo
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    6,369
    Scophie
    Dec 6, 2012
  3. Replies:
    8
    Views:
    532
    Stephen Howard
    Oct 27, 2005
  4. Martik

    Removing 'enter' keystrokes from document

    Martik, Nov 10, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    741
    Blinky the Shark
    Nov 10, 2005
  5. DU
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    561
Loading...

Share This Page