    --
    Thank you,
    Jean

    =?Utf-8?B?Ymllcm1hbm9za2k=?=, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Heiko Richler, Aug 3, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Ymllcm1hbm9za2k=?=, Aug 7, 2005
  4. Hi Jean,

    biermanoski wrote:
    > You didn't answer the question; I also had done both suggestions B/4 I posted!

    Sorry, but what else could I tell than wikipedia does:

    | General description
    |
    | Ethernet is based on the idea of peers on the network sending messages
    | in what was essentially a radio system, captive inside a common wire
    | or channel, sometimes referred to as the ether. (This is an oblique
    | reference to the luminiferous aether through which 19th century
    | physicists believed electromagnetic radiation traveled.) Each peer has
    | a globally unique 48-bit key known as the MAC address factory-assigned
    | to the network interface card, to ensure that all systems in an
    | Ethernet have distinct addresses. Due to the ubiquity of Ethernet,
    | many manufacturers build the functionality of an Ethernet card
    | directly into PC motherboards.
    from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet

    OK:
    There is the Internet. This is a Web of networks. There are some
    standards to build a network. One of them is ethernet. The Ethernet
    provides anything the network-layer (often the Internet Protokol IPv4)
    needs.

    Heiko

    Heiko Richler, Aug 10, 2005