    News Guest

    What is DSO Exploit Spywear finds it but won't delete it..

    --
    News, Aug 24, 2004

  2. News

    WormWood Guest

    "News" <> wrote in message
    news:v%wWc.4552$...
    > What is DSO Exploit Spywear finds it but won't delete it..

    <copy>
    From - whatis.com

    A data source object (DSO) exploit is a form of spyware that takes
    advantage of data binding to gain access to the hard drive of a computer
    connected to the Internet. Such spyware can be difficult to detect and
    eradicate, and if it is successfully removed, it often returns.
    DSO exploits can affect Microsoft Internet Explorer, Outlook, and
    Outlook Express. In Internet Explorer versions 5.5 and later, a DSO
    exploit can operate even when ActiveX controls have been disabled.

    </copy>

    Go to www.google.com and type in "dso exploit" to find a cleaner.
    WormWood, Aug 24, 2004

  3. News

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:39:39 GMT, "News" <> wrote:

    >What is DSO Exploit Spywear finds it but won't delete it..

    DSOstop2 information
    http://www.nsclean.com/dsostop.html

    I also found this:

    <quote>
    It seems that Spybot removes the DSO exploit but doesn't clean the registry.
    Hence the reappearance.

    Start>Run type 'regedit' (without the qoutes)

    Follow to the keys that spybot catches as dso exploits, for me it was 5 of
    them, eg.

    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software|Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet
    Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

    After opening zones and clicking on '0' look to the right window, under
    'name' is the key '1004' and the type is REG_SZ simply right click and
    delete this REG_SZ value.

    Then right click and create new>DWORD Value, name it 1004, right click on
    that and goto modify, give it the Hex Value of 3, Click ok.

    You may have to restart your pc for changes to take effect... i didn't.

    Run Spybot again and you will have one less dso exploit.... repeat for each
    of the other values flagged in spybot (should all be 1004)...

    </quote>

    The above was from a "password required" site, so a link would be of no use.
    Unk, Aug 24, 2004