    ´ËÖÂ
    ¾´Àñ
    ͯ·É
    tongfei, Mar 16, 2005

  2. tongfei

    HF Guest

    A checksum is computed as an error-detecting code, to protect the BIOS
    settings stored in the CMOS memory.

    HF, Mar 16, 2005

  3. tongfei

    Plato Guest

    tongfei wrote:

    > what is checksum error mean in bios?

    Perhaps the battery needs replacement?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 16, 2005
  4. tongfei

    Jerry G. Guest

    The battery may need replacing, or there are defective RAM's, or something
    else is failing.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 19, 2005
  5. tongfei

    Plato Guest

    Jerry G. wrote:

    > The battery may need replacing, or there are defective RAM's, or something
    > else is failing.

    Or it could be nothing. eg I just replaced the case fan in a pc here at
    home several minutes ago an on the bootup got the cmos error. All that
    had to be done was go into the bios, exit and save.
    Plato, Mar 19, 2005