    What are the difinition on "high speed" and meyby "low speed"? There must
    be some kind of standard!

    Michael

    Henriette og Michael, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Same as large and small. They are not specific. I can remember when
    160 ASA was FAST and 25 ASA was medium.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Henriette og Michael

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Henriette og Michael"

    >What are the difinition on "high speed" and meyby "low speed"? There must
    >be some kind of standard!

    Look for the "X" rating, as in 4x or 16x or 32x. They've borrowed this metric
    from CDs, with 1x => 150 KB/sec transfer rate, so the higher the X the faster
    the transfer rate. "high speed" and "low speed" are just marketing terms and
    mean nothing without an agreed upon standard of measurement.

    Note that the "X" ratings are some idealized figure that you just don't reach
    in real life due to overhead, but still it will give you an idea of the
    relative speed of two different flashes.

    Here's some good info on CF speeds at this site ...

    http://www.dpreview.com/articles/mediacompare/ ... note the difference between
    read and write speeds and the difference between the rated speed and the actual
    speed.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Henriette og Michael

    Bill Guest

    CF speed is Compact Flash read/write speed.......not ISO.
    CF of 16x or more is generally considered high speed.

    Bill

    Bill, Dec 14, 2003