    Should I reinstall? Should I ignore?

    Can anyone tell me exactly what 'bridge.dll' is and why it is needed?

    Thank you
    prfdemb, Aug 14, 2004

  2. "prfdemb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Pest Patrol identified 'bridge.dll' as a pest and needed to be deleted. So
    > I did.
    >
    > Now when WIN XP starts, a message comes up that 'bridge.dll' is missing.
    > Should I reinstall? Should I ignore?
    >
    > Can anyone tell me exactly what 'bridge.dll' is and why it is needed?

    It's a spyware dll

    Use Notepad, create new file and write there the text you see between the scores:

    -----------
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "RunDLL"=-
    -----------

    Save the file as: unbridge.reg
    Close notepad. double-click unbridge.reg and accept the change.
    Once this is done you should be able to reboot without the message for Bridge.dll

    Google has a host of answers to this specific question.
    Use.Netuser.de, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Chiron Paixos, Aug 14, 2004
  4. prfdemb

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 15:46:44 +0100, "Use.Netuser.de"
    <> wrote:

    >REGEDIT4
    >
    >[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    >"RunDLL"=-

    Might he also have some legitimate RunDLL's?

    You might be able to get rid of it with MSCONFIG.

    If running Regedit interactively doesn't frighten you (it's a bit user
    hostile) I would:

    1) Navigate in Regedit to

    2) Export that branch to run.reg. If something goes wrong you can
    restore this branch from the saved reg file.

    3) Delete the key with bridge.dll

    (C:\windows\system32\rundll32 bridge.dll or something like that)

    4) close regedit.

    When you reboot you shouldn't get the error.
    Joel Rubin, Aug 14, 2004
  5. prfdemb

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Aug 16, 2004