  1. Lisa Horton

    Lisa Horton Guest

    There has to be something better than the regular high nitrogen fertilizer right?

    Lisa Horton, Apr 19, 2004

  2. High nitrogen fertilizer for what?

    What are you calling high nitrogen fertilizer?

    And why are you cross-posting garden questions to botany and photography
    newsgroups?

    Cereus-validus, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Lisa Horton

    Nivek Guest

    > There has to be something better than the regular high nitrogen fertilizer

    right?

    You can always defecate (expulsion of feces through the anus) on your
    plants. It may smell like sh*t for a while but it works. ;-)

    Nivek, Apr 19, 2004
  4. Lisa Horton

    TonyK Guest

    ground nik0n cameras

    TonyK, Apr 19, 2004
  5. Lisa Horton

    Sandy Guest

    Lisa, ignore those idiots that responded so rudely. They need to" get a
    life!" Sandy

    Sandy, Apr 19, 2004
  6. Lisa Horton

    stewy Guest

    Have you tried fixative - better still, take a swig of it first to try it
    out

    stewy, Apr 19, 2004
  7. Lisa Horton

    Mike Lyle Guest

    "Nivek" <> wrote in message news:<bLKgc.37$>...
    > "Lisa Horton" <> wrote in message
    > > There has to be something better than the regular high nitrogen fertilizer

    > right?
    >
    > You can always defecate (expulsion of feces through the anus) on your
    > plants. It may smell like sh*t for a while but it works. ;-)

    Needless to say, that won't work. I thought it was a perfectly
    reasonable question, Lisa. Best to look it up in a proper book, which
    is unlikely to reply with gratuitous impertinence (I take it the
    massive cross-posting was what annoyed our friend). Meanwhile, the
    usual balanced fertilizers will feed most plants ok: follow the
    instructions on the packet, and don't overdo it. The high-nitrogen
    ones are more for leaf growth -- like the ones farmers use for grass.
    There's no long-term substitute for a well-nourished soil, though, as
    plants need more than just the three main chemicals: in fact, most of
    the time what they really crave is good moisture-retention coupled
    with aeration such as they get from a soil rich in the breakdown
    products of other plants.

    Houseplants and others in containers are the main ones which want a
    boost from the packet. Changing their soil or compost every couple of
    years is a good idea for many of them.

    A few plants need special diets; but you probably haven't got one of
    these.

    Mike.

    Mike Lyle, Apr 19, 2004
  8. Got a life.

    What you need Sandy Balls is a clue.

    Only an idiot would make excuses for a cross-posting troll like Lisa
    Horndog.

    Cereus-validus, Apr 19, 2004
  9. Lisa Horton

    Peter Chant Guest

    In article <sfVgc.9833$>,
    "Cereus-validus" <> writes:
    > Got a life.
    >
    > What you need Sandy Balls is a clue.
    >
    > Only an idiot would make excuses for a cross-posting troll like Lisa
    > Horndog.

    Actually I think it is a troll pretending to be Lisa.

    --

    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    Peter Chant, Apr 19, 2004
  10. Lisa Horton

    nswong Guest

    Hi Cereus-validus,

    > Only an idiot would make excuses for a cross-posting troll like Lisa
    > Horndog.

    It may be she/he are simply don't know that cross-posting are not welcome by
    most of the UseNet user. When we are new to something, we may do wrong. I
    believe that point out clearly what are wrong are the better approach than
    become angry.

    I do trim headers reply to rec.gardens only in the previous post. This
    current cross-posting are to reply you.

    Sorry for my bad English, no offendding. :)

    BTW: Below are part of the nettiquette(Internet ettiquette) I keep in my
    notes, hope this help. I do know that is not right to post the whole text
    here, but can't remember the address already. Sorry about that.

    Regards,
    Wong

    [From Microsoft]
    Rules of Conduct

    Appropriate Language: The purpose of our communities is to exchange
    technical information and expertise about Microsoft products. Please avoid
    personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions.

    Relevance to Topics: Please make sure that your postings in newsgroups and
    chats are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal for some topics to
    drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for
    everyone, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as
    possible.

    [From Borland]
    NEWSGROUP ETIQUETTE

    Keep quoted text to a minimum. When quoting a previous post, edit out the
    non-relevant parts of the message. Remove salutations and signatures. A good
    rule of thumb is, there should not be more quoted text than new text.

    NOTE: Under certain circumstances your message may be cancelled for quoting
    style. One such circumstance is quoting a message that is subsequently
    determined to be in violation of the newsgroup rules; when the message in
    violation is cancelled, your message quoting it will also be cancelled.
    Another special case is EXTREME over-quoting. If you post a very brief reply
    to a very long message, and you quote the entire message, your message may
    be cancelled.

    Separate paragraphs with a blank line. Also, separate your text from quoted
    text with a blank line.

    If you include quoted text in your message, be considerate and clean up the
    margins and line breaks in the quoted material. Quoted text is typically
    preceded by a character indicating that it is quoted, and this additional
    character increases the line length. The longer line length can cause the
    message editor to re-parse the line and insert new line breaks that conflict
    with the existing line breaks.

    Spelling and grammar count. The only part of you that the members of the
    newsgroup see is your typed words. Sending a poorly written message is like
    giving a speech in a dirty shirt. Of course, if your native language is
    something other than English, this consideration is reduced.

    Stay on topic. When you post a reply to a message ask yourself, "Does the
    subject line describe the contents of my message?" If the answer is no, you
    probably want to revise your message or modify the subject. Modifying the
    subject helps other members of the newsgroup determine if your message or
    thread has information of interest to them.

    Write conservatively, read forgivingly. Communication in a pure text medium,
    such as a newsgroup, is prone to misunderstanding, often due to the lack of
    non-verbal cues such as inflections, facial expression and body language.
    Given this, it is best to be conservative with expressions of anger and
    sarcasm when writing. When reading, assume good intent; if a message can be
    taken two ways, assume the friendliest meaning.

    Remember, your words will last a long time. With news archiving services,
    the whole world can read your words, long after you have written them. Think
    twice about what you say.

    [From C# newsgroup FAQ]
    Choose the right group
    There are many different newsgroups under the microsoft.public.dotnet.*
    hierarchy, and sometimes it isn't clear which newsgroup is the most
    appropriate one to use. Very few people seem to get hung up about this, but
    for your own benefit it's worth considering where you're likely to get the
    best answers. For instance, if you're asking an ASP.NET question (even if
    your code is in C#) then the ASP.NET group is probably the best one to use.

    Cross-posting (posting the same article to multiple groups) and
    multi-posting (posting multiple articles with the same text, each to a
    single group) is fairly widespread on the .NET groups, but both are frowned
    upon in conventional netiquette, particularly multi-posting which fragments
    the discussion and often leads to people wasting time answering a question
    on one group when it's already been answered on another. I would suggest
    picking a single group (after careful consideration) and posting there, then
    waiting for a couple of days to see if you get any replies - if you don't,
    pick another single group. (If you get replies which you don't consider very
    helpful from the first group, explain why they're not helpful on that group
    rather than just moving on and posting in another group - you may well get
    the answers you're after that way.)

    nswong, Apr 20, 2004
  11. Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants - more horse pucky!

    Hmm.

    Are you saying two wongs make it right?

    Are you another one of the newsgroup psychics that can read the mind of
    trolls? Do you really know her well enough to make excuses for her? Do you
    think doing so will let you get into her pants?

    Your excessively long annotated rambling pedant would sure make for great
    fertilizer in itself!!! Are you trying to bore us all to death with the
    obvious?

    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    Cereus-validus, Apr 20, 2004
  12. Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants and flinging around?

    I am sorry if I offended you Lisa Lisa.

    Didn't think you were really THAT stupid!

    Sometimes its too easy to mistaken a fruit loop for a frosted flake
    especially when its trying to pass for grape nuts! I ain't no cereal killer,
    you poptart.

    Sorry that you got yourself caught up in the clone wars, Queen Iamahorndog.

    Cereus-validus, Apr 20, 2004
  13. Lisa Horton

    Peter Chant Guest

    Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants - more horse pucky!

    In article <Iechc.1$>,
    "Cereus-validus" <> writes:
    > Hmm.
    >
    > Are you saying two wongs make it right?
    >
    > Are you another one of the newsgroup psychics that can read the mind of
    > trolls? Do you really know her well enough to make excuses for her? Do you
    > think doing so will let you get into her pants?
    >
    > Your excessively long annotated rambling pedant would sure make for great
    > fertilizer in itself!!! Are you trying to bore us all to death with the
    > obvious?
    >
    > Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    OK, long version of post. The original post is probally not from
    Lisa Horton. It appears to be a forged post from the rec.photo.* troll
    in an attempt to ecourage cross posts ranting about off topic cross posts.

    If I were you I'd kill file this thread.

    --

    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    Peter Chant, Apr 20, 2004
  14. Lisa Horton

    dave weil Guest

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:40:55 GMT, in rec.gardens.roses you wrote:

    >I am sorry if I offended you Lisa Lisa.
    >
    >Didn't think you were really THAT stupid!
    >
    >Sometimes its too easy to mistaken a fruit loop for a frosted flake
    >especially when its trying to pass for grape nuts! I ain't no cereal killer,
    >you poptart.
    >
    >Sorry that you got yourself caught up in the clone wars, Queen Iamahorndog.

    Well, she was right about one thing - the fact that you are a top
    poster seems to support the idea that you might be a newbie to USENET.
    Of course, I'm sure that you will come back with some bluster about
    being a rebel or something...

    Of course, I'm deliberately cross-posting, which is normally a no-no
    as well, simply because I don't know which forum you are responding
    from.

    And here's one actual possible answer to the original question - fish
    emulsion.

    dave weil, Apr 20, 2004
  15. Lisa Horton

    nswong Guest

    Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants - more horse pucky!

    Hi Cereus-validus,

    > Are you saying two wongs make it right?

    For myself, if I'm doing something wrong without aware, I do hope people
    point it out clearly and let me know. This will not imply that I will
    denying I'm wrong. Hopefully, I will also always treat other in this way.

    > Are you another one of the newsgroup psychics that can read the mind of
    > trolls? Do you really know her well enough to make excuses for her?

    My previous reply are base on what I readed in the original posting. The
    content of post are alright to me, what was wrong are the cross posting. To
    me, it look like a person who does not aware of nettiquette, that is good
    that if we can point it out.

    > Your excessively long annotated rambling pedant would sure make for great
    > fertilizer in itself!!! Are you trying to bore us all to death with the
    > obvious?

    I'm sorry that this offendding you. But I do believe that it will serve some
    of the UseNet user here.

    BTW: I had to say sorry to users in other newsgroup and stop my cross
    posting now, so I'm afraid that I can't reply your post anymore. Have a
    good day! :)

    Regards,
    Wong

    nswong, Apr 20, 2004
  16. Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants and flinging around?

    If top posting annoys you so much, David, I will continue doing so, you
    prissy little fuss pot!

    What a I rebelling against? What you got?

    Do you use fish emulsion in your photography too, wise guy? There sure are
    things much better suited to flinging!!!

    Cereus-validus, Apr 20, 2004
  17. Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants - more horse pucky!

    So are you saying that loving her is wong, you don't want to be right?

    You no offend me. You can't help it if you are just plain being wong.

    Cereus-validus, Apr 20, 2004
  18. Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants - is it right to be wong?

    Its obvious to all that no matter what you post you are always going to be
    wong!!!

    Why apologize for cross-posting, dude? You didn't start the thread.

    Care to apologize for all the trouble in Iraq while you're at it?

    Cereus-validus, Apr 20, 2004
  19. Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants - more horse pucky!

    Fashizzle yer nizzle, chanted Peter Mc Swizzle!

    You ain't me and you ain't my mother.

    Who you wack ain't nobody's business.

    Word up!

    Cereus-validus, Apr 20, 2004
  20. Lisa Horton

    dave weil Guest

    Re: what is best nutrient for growing plants and flinging around?

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:30:08 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
    <> wrote:

    >If top posting annoys you so much, David, I will continue doing so, you
    >prissy little fuss pot!

    Excellent. I *love* little lemmings who dance to *my* tunes.

    >What a I rebelling against? What you got?

    Well, not a Rebel. I *do* have an Elan IIe and a Pro90 though.

    >Do you use fish emulsion in your photography too, wise guy? There sure are
    >things much better suited to flinging!!!

    Well, you certainly have the flinging down.

    You're dismissed now. On your bike, Johnny.

    dave weil, Apr 20, 2004