    Joyp Guest

    I need an external DVD burner/player for my computer. Which one is best for the
    best price. Thanks.
    Joyp, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Joyp

    Justin Guest

    Joyp wrote on [06 Jan 2005 22:31:36 GMT]:
    > I need an external DVD burner/player for my computer. Which one is best for the
    > best price. Thanks.

    yeah. Why not do some research?
    Justin, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Joyp

    TSKO Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Joyp wrote on [06 Jan 2005 22:31:36 GMT]:
    >> I need an external DVD burner/player for my computer. Which one is best
    >> for the
    >> best price. Thanks.

    > yeah. Why not do some research?

    ....or come on to a friendly forum....apparently not this one......and maybe
    someone will answer you. What the hell, I will be the friendly guy here...

    I am not saying this is the best....since I dont know tons about it but I
    have a Liteon sohw 812s internal, and I am happy with it. Probably not the
    best, but I like it.

    There, Justin was that hard? Go out each day and do perform a friendly act
    for someone you know, or dont know....I'll bet it makes you feel all warm
    and bubbly inside
    TSKO, Jan 7, 2005
  4. "Joyp" <> wrote in message
    >I need an external DVD burner/player for my computer. Which one is best for
    >the
    > best price. Thanks.

    Just get a DVD/CD drive enclosure and then buy the drive seperately. You
    could probably rig up a 16x "external" DVD-RW for around (or under) $100
    doing this. Plus, you can always upgrade to a faster drive later without
    getting an entirely new "external" drive.

    NewEgg has a liteon external 16x DVD+/-RW for about $116 though.
    Patrick Michael, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Joyp

    TSKO Guest

    "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message

    > "Joyp" <> wrote in message
    >>I need an external DVD burner/player for my computer. Which one is best
    >>for the
    >> best price. Thanks.

    > Just get a DVD/CD drive enclosure and then buy the drive seperately. You
    > could probably rig up a 16x "external" DVD-RW for around (or under) $100
    > doing this. Plus, you can always upgrade to a faster drive later without
    > getting an entirely new "external" drive.
    >
    > NewEgg has a liteon external 16x DVD+/-RW for about $116 though.

    Another plug.....I bought mine off NewEgg....they had good prices and fast
    shipping...
    TSKO, Jan 7, 2005
  6. Joyp

    enderby Guest

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:43:19 GMT, Justin <> wrote:

    >Joyp wrote on [06 Jan 2005 22:31:36 GMT]:
    >> I need an external DVD burner/player for my computer. Which one is best for the
    >> best price. Thanks.

    >yeah. Why not do some research?

    Don't want to start a war here since there are many good brands, but
    I've bought many cd/ dvd drives since the first writeable CD came out
    (my work). My first personal writeable has done at least 2000 burns
    and stil amazes me at the feature compatibilty which was years ahead
    of its time. I still use it, even though it is 4x. I swear you could
    cram cardboard into it and a properly burned CD would come out.
    The safest and most reliable drive maker is Plextor. There is
    absolutely none better. If you want it to last many moons (and many
    computers) buy Plextor.
    If you do not need the best, which many people do not, buy something
    like LiteOn. Mere mortal drives will last long enough until the next
    upgrade or media breakthrough.
    enderby, Jan 8, 2005
  7. Joyp

    Donald Link Guest

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:20:52 GMT, enderby <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:43:19 GMT, Justin <> wrote:
    >
    >>Joyp wrote on [06 Jan 2005 22:31:36 GMT]:
    >>> I need an external DVD burner/player for my computer. Which one is best for the
    >>> best price. Thanks.

    >>yeah. Why not do some research?

    > Don't want to start a war here since there are many good brands, but
    >I've bought many cd/ dvd drives since the first writeable CD came out
    >(my work). My first personal writeable has done at least 2000 burns
    >and stil amazes me at the feature compatibilty which was years ahead
    >of its time. I still use it, even though it is 4x. I swear you could
    >cram cardboard into it and a properly burned CD would come out.
    > The safest and most reliable drive maker is Plextor. There is
    >absolutely none better. If you want it to last many moons (and many
    >computers) buy Plextor.
    > If you do not need the best, which many people do not, buy something
    >like LiteOn. Mere mortal drives will last long enough until the next
    >upgrade or media breakthrough.

    I still think Memorex and Pioneer drives rank on the list of very good
    drives. For some reason Memorex drives do not get the credit they
    deserve. Anyone please comment on the Memorex.
    Donald Link, Jan 9, 2005
  8. Joyp

    TSKO Guest

    "Donald Link" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:20:52 GMT, enderby <> wrote:

    >>>yeah. Why not do some research?

    >> Don't want to start a war here since there are many good brands, but
    >>I've bought many cd/ dvd drives since the first writeable CD came out
    >>(my work). My first personal writeable has done at least 2000 burns
    >>and stil amazes me at the feature compatibilty which was years ahead
    >>of its time. I still use it, even though it is 4x. I swear you could
    >>cram cardboard into it and a properly burned CD would come out.
    >> The safest and most reliable drive maker is Plextor. There is
    >>absolutely none better. If you want it to last many moons (and many
    >>computers) buy Plextor.
    >> If you do not need the best, which many people do not, buy something
    >>like LiteOn. Mere mortal drives will last long enough until the next
    >>upgrade or media breakthrough.

    > I still think Memorex and Pioneer drives rank on the list of very good
    > drives. For some reason Memorex drives do not get the credit they
    > deserve. Anyone please comment on the Memorex.

    I have a Plextor cd burner and love it. I would go Plextor dvd burner but
    due to money constrants...I went Lite-On...and I love it
    TSKO, Jan 9, 2005