    Sold privately.

    Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark C, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Mark C

    juicyjuice Guest

    Mark C wrote:
    > What would a one-year old laptop be worth second-hand, if a similar
    > model costs $1200 new now?
    >
    > Sold privately.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

    around $700
    try for $800 =)
    juicyjuice, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Mark C

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Mark C" <> wrote in message
    > What would a one-year old laptop be worth second-hand, if a similar
    > model costs $1200 new now?
    >
    > Sold privately.
    >
    > Thanks,

    specs..
    Craig Sutton, Nov 8, 2006
  4. It depends on its current condition!

    aldrin fabricius, Nov 8, 2006
  5. Mark C

    Mark C Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in

    > "Mark C" <> wrote in message
    >> What would a one-year old laptop be worth second-hand, if a
    >> similar model costs $1200 new now?
    >>
    >> Sold privately.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    > specs..

    It's academic now, because the thing has gone, but it was one of
    these:
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Productinformation/Acer_Aspire_3002WLMi__6518722

    AMD Mobile Sempron 2800+ / 1.6 GHz
    768MB RAM
    60GB
    DVD-Writer
    15.4" TFT active matrix
    WiFi 802.11g
    XP Home
    Mark C, Nov 9, 2006
  6. Mark C

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Mark C <> wrote in news:45529ed5$0$17154$c3e8da3
    @news.astraweb.com:

    > AMD Mobile Sempron 2800+ / 1.6 GHz
    > 768MB RAM
    > 60GB
    > DVD-Writer
    > 15.4" TFT active matrix
    > WiFi 802.11g
    > XP Home

    1100 less 30 percent , so maybe about 750-800 for a good deal, but no
    warranty..

    Tell me if I am out to lunch.
    There is that brand new acer that is close so keep that in mind.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Nov 10, 2006
  7. Mark C

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > Mark C <> wrote in
    > news:45529ed5$0$17154$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:
    >
    > > AMD Mobile Sempron 2800+ / 1.6 GHz
    > > 768MB RAM
    > > 60GB
    > > DVD-Writer
    > > 15.4" TFT active matrix
    > > WiFi 802.11g
    > > XP Home

    > 1100 less 30 percent , so maybe about 750-800 for a good deal, but no
    > warranty..
    >
    > Tell me if I am out to lunch.
    > There is that brand new acer that is close so keep that in mind.

    One year old = no warranty most of the time. Also prices have dropped
    significantly. Sad to say, my take on the situation is you're lucky if you
    get 60% of the purchase price. Uninformed punters excepted of course. Often
    60% of the purchase price of a year-old lappy = 85%+ of the price of a
    similar-speced new machine with warranty and support. If I was buying I'd go
    for the new one in those circumstances.
    --
    Shaun.

    "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding"
    Albert Einstein
    ~misfit~, Nov 11, 2006
  8. Mark C

    juicyjuice Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Dave Taylor wrote:
    >> Mark C <> wrote in
    >> news:45529ed5$0$17154$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:
    >>
    >>> AMD Mobile Sempron 2800+ / 1.6 GHz
    >>> 768MB RAM
    >>> 60GB
    >>> DVD-Writer
    >>> 15.4" TFT active matrix
    >>> WiFi 802.11g
    >>> XP Home

    >> 1100 less 30 percent , so maybe about 750-800 for a good deal, but no
    >> warranty..
    >>
    >> Tell me if I am out to lunch.
    >> There is that brand new acer that is close so keep that in mind.

    > One year old = no warranty most of the time. Also prices have dropped
    > significantly. Sad to say, my take on the situation is you're lucky
    > if you get 60% of the purchase price. Uninformed punters excepted of
    > course. Often 60% of the purchase price of a year-old lappy = 85%+ of
    > the price of a similar-speced new machine with warranty and support.
    > If I was buying I'd go for the new one in those circumstances.

    seesh you guys and your figures which equated to what i said 3 days ago lol
    on your estimations by the new information he gave you, equals $720 ( i said
    $700 )
    I said try for $800 which handles 'uniformed punters'
    same information with complicated delivery but owell go for $800 mate
    there ya go Mark,
    juicyjuice, Nov 14, 2006