    address thing.
    Help!
    Thanks.
    bob, Jan 15, 2004

  2. bob

    Peter Grooby Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures. One that
    > would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site that I could
    > post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos. Preferably
    > one that lists the photos as expandable thumbnails and each picture could
    > have a title.
    > So far, I looked at Ofoto and Webshots, but they seem to require the email
    > address thing.
    > Help!
    > Thanks.

    I am currently using Jalbum (free) to make my thumbnails and index
    webpages. Then using the built in ftp to store them at www.250free.com
    small ammount of advertising at that site, but not too much. Not sure if
    I needed to provide an email address to 250free or not. If it is an
    issue just open a temp hotmail account.

    Example here
    http://vitale.250free.com/12thnight/index.html

    Pete

    Remove pants from email address to reply.
    Peter Grooby, Jan 16, 2004

  3. bob

    A Robson Guest

    www.fotopic.net is the one that I use, a site that is growing rapidly
    with over 2 million photos on line now, fully customisable, totally
    free (up to 250MB) and most importantly for me *no* advertising at
    all.

    A Robson, Jan 16, 2004
  4. bob wrote:
    > I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures. One that
    > would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site that I could
    > post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos.

    You may want to try pbase.com. They have a free trial, but for only $23
    per year it is well worth the advertising free photo sharing.

    Joe
    Joseph Brennskag, Jan 28, 2004
  5. bob

    RG1202 Guest

    I just signed up with smugmug.com for $30.00/year you get unlimited photo
    storage and you can link it to anywhere you like.

    Rick

    RG1202, Jan 30, 2004
  6. bob

    Ron Hunter Guest

    RG1202 wrote:

    > I just signed up with smugmug.com for $30.00/year you get unlimited photo
    > storage and you can link it to anywhere you like.
    >
    > Rick
    >

    >>>I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures. One

    >>that
    >>
    >>>would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site that I

    >>could
    >>
    >>>post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos.

    >>You may want to try pbase.com. They have a free trial, but for only $23
    >>per year it is well worth the advertising free photo sharing.
    >>
    >>Joe

    Webshots.com will allow you to store 30 albums with 20+ pictures for
    free. For $30 a year you get 50 albums with 60 pictures, or something
    like that. Nice interface and fast servers.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 31, 2004