    Please remove nospam to email me
    Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
    Rincon, GA.31326

    MBell72398, May 24, 2004

  2. MBell72398

    Duane Arnold Guest

    ospam (MBell72398) wrote in
    news::

    > I have an insurance company in one town that wants to open another
    > office in
    > another town and be able to access the same server.
    > The client pc's use 2000 pro and the server is 2000 server. The
    > connection
    > will be made via DSL.
    > I have worked with client stations that were running XP pro and they
    > were
    > using the remote terminal service that comes with XP but I have no
    > idea what program the server was running.

    The workstation was running the Terminal Service Client software. The
    server was running the Termainal Service Server software.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 25, 2004

  3. MBell72398

    Maybird Guest

    "MBell72398" <> wrote in message
    > I have an insurance company in one town that wants to open another office

    in
    > another town and be able to access the same server.
    > The client pc's use 2000 pro and the server is 2000 server. The

    connection
    > will be made via DSL.

    How about pcAnywhere from Norton? One is being host, and the other is
    remote...
    There is several protocol you can use to make the connection. (e.g. TCP/IP)

    Maybird, May 25, 2004
  4. MBell72398

    ProfGene Guest

    It depends on what you want to do. If you want each computer to have access
    to the other computer you use a program like Pcanywhere. If you want just
    to be able to transfer large files you can use MIRC.

    ProfGene, May 26, 2004