    --
    Take care.

    roadster3043
    roadster3043, Oct 4, 2004

  2. roadster3043

    Jamco Guest

    I've always had good luck with soltek I've had my soltek nforce 2 board for
    2 years now i think, and its been problem free :)

    Jamco, Oct 4, 2004

  3. roadster3043

    SgtMinor Guest

    roadster3043 wrote:

    > Greetings.
    >
    > What are your recommendations for a good mobo for an AMD Athlon cpu?
    >
    > I've been trhough and Abit KG-7 and an Asus A7n8x-Deluxe mobos and
    > didn't last long. I'm currently using my Pentium 2, but need something
    > faster for capturing and processing video.

    Many motherboards have failed during the past two to three years because
    their onboard capacitors went kaput. Abit was slow to admit the
    problem, but later agreed to replace them on some boards. Look here for
    some links to Abit: http://www.duxcw.com/faq/mb/capsbad.htm

    Asus boards had few, if any, of the faulty capacitors, so for that board
    to fail there was most likely another problem. ASUS boards seem to have
    a good reputation.

    Don't shop for a mobo on price - a lower price often means lower quality
    components.

    More info here: http://www.motherboardrepair.com/ and
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherboard/index.html

    Good luck