  1. Guest

    What is a dvd?

    , Aug 6, 2005

  2. Matt Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is a dvd?

    Stands for Dire Venereal Disease.

    Its a serious form of the clap.

    Matt, Aug 6, 2005

  3. Netmask Guest

    Digital Versatile Disk
    originally called Digital Video Disk but has many other application these
    days.

    Netmask, Aug 6, 2005
  4. wrote:

    > What is a dvd?

    It's a thing you put into a DVD player.

    Derek Janssen (Question 2: "What's a 'Not smart enough for the room'
    blowoff?")

    Derek Janssen, Aug 6, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > What is a dvd?

    Is this a philosophical question?

    John

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Aug 6, 2005
  6. Justin Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote on [Sat, 06 Aug 2005 06:20:42 -0700]:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> What is a dvd?

    > It's a thing you put into a DVD player.
    >
    > Derek Janssen (Question 2: "What's a 'Not smart enough for the room'
    > blowoff?")

    Derek, you should recognise a troll...

    Justin, Aug 6, 2005
  7. Justin wrote:

    > Derek Janssen wrote on [Sat, 06 Aug 2005 06:20:42 -0700]:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>What is a dvd?

    >>It's a thing you put into a DVD player.
    >>
    >>(Question 2: "What's a 'Not smart enough for the room'
    >>blowoff?")

    > Derek, you should recognise a troll...

    Of course, but the dopey amateur ones deserve a quick frustration for
    their first effort, on a group-wide basis--
    Just plain old radio silence, and they think they just hit a bad day and
    try again.

    Derek Janssen (*that's* what a "Not smart enough for the room" blowoff is)

    Derek Janssen, Aug 6, 2005
  8. Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > What is a dvd?

    I'll tell you when you tell me what a personal computer is.

    Black Locust, Aug 7, 2005
  9. Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 01:05:52 -0600, Black Locust <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >> What is a dvd?

    >I'll tell you when you tell me what a personal computer is.

    As opposed to what?

    , Aug 7, 2005
  10. TokaMundo Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 03:17:06 -0500, Gave us:

    >On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 01:05:52 -0600, Black Locust <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is a dvd?

    >>I'll tell you when you tell me what a personal computer is.

    >As opposed to what?

    You didn't get that?

    TokaMundo, Aug 7, 2005
  11. bog Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 04:47:52 -0500, wrote:

    >What is a dvd?

    dirty veneral disease

    bog, Aug 7, 2005
  12. No One Guest

    wrote:
    > What is a dvd?

    Shiny round thing that looks like a CD, but isn't.

    No One, Aug 8, 2005
  13. No One Guest

    wrote:

    > On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 01:05:52 -0600, Black Locust <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>In article <>,
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>What is a dvd?

    >>I'll tell you when you tell me what a personal computer is.

    > As opposed to what?

    Back in the day....Home computer....

    No One, Aug 8, 2005
  14. Richard C. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > What is a dvd?

    ==========================
    Sometimes!

    Richard C., Aug 8, 2005
  15. Richard C. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 01:05:52 -0600, Black Locust <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is a dvd?

    >>I'll tell you when you tell me what a personal computer is.

    > As opposed to what?

    ===================================
    an impersonal one.

    Richard C., Aug 8, 2005
  16. Guest

    if your computer is getting too personal you need to back off on the
    browsing of porn sites.

    A dvd - for the OP - is a round plastic thing with some of it shiny and
    some not so much shiney - that you used to pay a lot of money for - and
    when processed by your computer - becomes a drink coaster more often
    then not.

    , Aug 9, 2005