    kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
    webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html
    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Jan 6, 2004

  2. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <> wrote in
    news::

    > When I try to view some avi files in MS Media Player 9.0 I get a
    > message that there is an error downloading codec. What is a codec?
    > When I try to view the same file in Ifranview I get a message that
    > "vids:divx" cannot be found. I am running Win98SE. What gives and
    > what do I need to do to view these files?

    You need to download and install the divx package from divx.com. The free
    package will be fine. A codec is a piece of software that decompresses the
    video for playback. Codec stands for COmpressor/DECompressor, hence,
    codec.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 6, 2004

  3. On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:56:10 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <> wrote in
    >
    >> When I try to view some avi files in MS Media Player 9.0 I get a
    >> message that there is an error downloading codec. What is a codec?
    >> When I try to view the same file in Ifranview I get a message that
    >> "vids:divx" cannot be found. I am running Win98SE. What gives and
    >> what do I need to do to view these files?
    >>

    >You need to download and install the divx package from divx.com. The free
    >package will be fine. A codec is a piece of software that decompresses the
    >video for playback. Codec stands for COmpressor/DECompressor, hence,
    >codec.

    Thanks. I did not discover much help in Google Groups but I went to a
    IT dictionary site and found out what a codec meant. Downloaded a
    free donationware( I gave a dollar ) codec package and the file now
    works in MS Media Player 9.0. Still can't get it to work with
    Ifranview. Still get the message that it can't find vids:divx. Oh
    well, Media Player is good enough I suppose.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    Lubbock, Texas
    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Jan 6, 2004
  4. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Night_Seer Guest

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:56:10 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:
    >
    >> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> When I try to view some avi files in MS Media Player 9.0 I get a
    >>> message that there is an error downloading codec. What is a codec?
    >>> When I try to view the same file in Ifranview I get a message that
    >>> "vids:divx" cannot be found. I am running Win98SE. What gives and
    >>> what do I need to do to view these files?
    >>>

    >> You need to download and install the divx package from divx.com.
    >> The free package will be fine. A codec is a piece of software that
    >> decompresses the video for playback. Codec stands for
    >> COmpressor/DECompressor, hence, codec.

    > Thanks. I did not discover much help in Google Groups but I went to a
    > IT dictionary site and found out what a codec meant. Downloaded a
    > free donationware( I gave a dollar ) codec package and the file now
    > works in MS Media Player 9.0. Still can't get it to work with
    > Ifranview. Still get the message that it can't find vids:divx. Oh
    > well, Media Player is good enough I suppose.
    >
    > Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    > Lubbock, Texas
    > kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    > homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
    > webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

    Do a google search for klite codec pack. This gives you pretty much
    every codec you will ever need.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 6, 2004
  5. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Snake Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:20:30 -0600, Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    <> wrote:
    a sentient being crawled to its computer accessed the usenet and
    stammered
    >When I try to view some avi files in MS Media Player 9.0 I get a
    >message that there is an error downloading codec. What is a codec?
    >When I try to view the same file in Ifranview I get a message that
    >"vids:divx" cannot be found. I am running Win98SE. What gives and
    >what do I need to do to view these files?
    >
    >Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    >Lubbock, Texas
    >kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    >homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
    >webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

    Ace megacodec have pretty much everything divx
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/acemega_codec.html
    Snake

    Do not respond by e-mail
    only reply to group