    Cheers Screamer

    (I am not saying that the connection gets better as I go up through the
    channels as I have not tested that detailed yet.)

    =?Utf-8?B?U2NyZWFtZXI=?=, Jan 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2NyZWFtZXI=?=

    Dave Guest

    maybe there was some other network or a cordless phone using channel 6 in
    your area. channels are similar to channels on your tv, some of them may
    have interference from surrounding devices and others don't. some may be a
    bit stronger than others because of transmitter differences as it changes
    frequency or from reflections from metal in wires or stuff around the router
    and computer. try moving the router a few inches one way or another and see
    if the performance changes. or move the computer's antenna up, down, or
    sideways a bit and see if it changes. at the frequency those things operate
    it doesn't take much movement to get into or out of a null due to
    reflections.

    "Screamer" <> wrote in message
    > I had been having problems with my wireless network connection

    disconnecting
    > and after trying may suggestions nothing worked. However I decided to try
    > using different channels on the router. When using channel 1 no network

    could
    > be found on my computer but other computers worked fine with excellent
    > signal. When using channel 6 my computer foud the network but was

    constantly
    > being disconected. All other computers still had excellent signal. When

    using
    > channel 13 my computer found the network and remained connected while

    other

    Dave, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Greeting Screamer,

    Have a look here and read this.