What is a Cached Page?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joshua Burgess, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Can anyone tell me about a cached page? I looked it up but I can't
    understand what it all about. Thnx
    Joshua Burgess, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Joshua Burgess wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me about a cached page? I looked it up but I can't
    > understand what it all about. Thnx

    If you mean like on a Google search or working offline, it's where it
    brings up the page from info that was "cached" or stored locally, not by
    accessing the original website.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 27, 2005

  3. What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Thu, 27 Oct 2005
    14:06:42 GMT, canst thou now find out, to hide "Joshua Burgess"
    <> from this open and apparent shame?:

    >Can anyone tell me about a cached page? I looked it up but I can't
    >understand what it all about. Thnx

    It's about time, it's about space, about 3 men in the strangest place.
    --

    "The Borg assimilated my race, and all I got was this crummy tagline."
    Lick my Decals off, Baby! uh Clem..., Oct 27, 2005
  4. Joshua Burgess

    Trax Guest

    "Joshua Burgess" <> wrote:

    |>Can anyone tell me about a cached page? I looked it up but I can't
    |>understand what it all about. Thnx

    In the computer sense, a cache is a holding place for something
    recently used, the logic being your likely to use it.

    A Web cache is a holding place for the last items accessed, it's to
    provide faster access as they are already there.

    A cached page would be one in the cache and available when requested.
    Old pages being replaced by recently accessed ones.

    --
    http://www.stetson.edu/~efriedma/numbers.html
    Trax, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Joshua Burgess

    Plato Guest

    Joshua Burgess wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me about a cached page? I looked it up but I can't
    > understand what it all about. Thnx

    It's the page a computer saves on the hard drive after it's downloaded
    from the websites web page server. All web pages you view are viewed
    from YOUR hard drive, not the drive the computer is hosted on.

    Lets say tomorrow my internet breaks and I was in the middle of reading
    an ariticle on a page I visited today. I can look in the cache folder on
    my hard drive, find the .htm file and view that webpage.

    Some intenet services also cache pages. If they do, and you hit to view
    the cached page, you are viewing it with the content as of the day they
    stored it on their computer.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 28, 2005