what is a 1394 connection and a Network Bridge?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by FireBrick, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. FireBrick

    FireBrick Guest

    In my Network Connections it has listing for
    1394 Connection
    and a
    Network Bridge

    What are they, and do I need them?
    As both have a status of Disabled, Firewalled.

    Please and thank you.

    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

    Bill H. in Chicagoland
    FireBrick, Aug 24, 2004

  2. FireBrick

    Guest Guest

    1394 = firewire connection
    Network bridge you normally don't need except in rare
    cases where you need to make a bridge between two
    networks connected to your machine, suggest you delete
    the bridge.

    Guest, Aug 24, 2004

  3. FireBrick

    hans Guest

    Aha this is a medion computer ?
    It has a LAN connection
    and a bridge to which a wireless and a 1394 are connected.

    no idea why they have set it up this way.
    I am looking for docs

    hans

    hans, Aug 24, 2004
  4. FireBrick

    Trubblesome1

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    1394 checked to block or not

    when I looked in my advanced settings, my 1394 was not checked to be blocked. Should I check it? I am using a dsl linkup to my laptop. As right now, the Local Area Connection is checked to block only.
    Trubblesome1, Jun 9, 2007