What I did to get MCAD...

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Swanand Mokashi, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Hi

    Posting this to the group as I have been getting lots of emails , asking the
    same questions.
    Please guys , post to the newsgroups, not individual emails!

    I took 70-305 first then 70-306 and then 70-310 . I reason I did it in this
    order is I am primarily a web developer and then a windows developer, as 305
    is more on web part than 306. Also I have been working on full-cyle .NET
    application for over a year .Add to it the 4 years experience I have with
    "classic: ASP And VB 6.0. That certainly helped!

    As far as study material , I had read the Professional ASP.NET(Wrox) and
    Professional VB.NET(Wrox) books way back before I decided to persue
    certification.
    For the actual exams I read Mike Gunderloy's books cover to cover and then
    followed it up with reading MSDN , for the parts I thought I was not clear
    on after reading the books.

    These are the 3 books I read for the above 3 exams:
    1.MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-305): Developing and Implementing Web
    Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Visual Studio.NET
    by Mike Gunderloy (isbn : 0789728184)
    2.MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-306): Developing and Implementing
    Windows-Based Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Visual Studio.NET
    by Mike Gunderloy, Ed Tittel (Editor) (ISBN:0789728192)
    3.MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-310): Developing XML Web Services and Server
    Components with Visual Basic .NET and the .NET Framework
    by Mike Gunderloy (ISBN:0789728206)

    Swanand Mokashi
    Microsoft Certified Application Developer (.NET)
    http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
    Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services
    Swanand Mokashi, Aug 27, 2003