What I brought in the End.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by CSE, May 22, 2005.

  1. CSE

    CSE Guest

    Well went for a Enermax EG495P-SFMA24P NoiseTaker 485W ATX PSU , Only found
    one basic type Review and that was Good, There Web site lists a 3 Year
    Warrantee and 100K Hours M.T.B.F..

    The +12 is Rated at 18A and 18A +12V1 & +12V2

    http://www.gruntville.com/reviews/PSUs/enermax_EG495P/index.php

    One Minus, Only 6 Hard Drive connectors and that was mention in the Review,
    but the price is very good for what you are getting.

    Don't take no notice of the data on the http://www.coolergiant.com/ web site
    as its WRONG, use the Enermax web site.

    Even the Thermaltake 480W is Only Rated 18A Total +12V

    Plus 2 Other things, Thermaltake do not list any Warrantee Period or M.T.B.F
    data on there PSU's, Plus they don't make them, they are made by Sirtec..

    Nvidia GF 6600GT, AGP the problem here is lack of brand or models.

    I liked the ASUS TOP Model but its not sold here, it has got bad reviews as
    it gets VERY HOT, its a overclocked card and the HSI bridge get to hot as
    its not cooled like a few of these cards..

    The Other option was the fanless Gigabyte as that is a over clocked card, but
    I did read some were that Passive cooling was a problem with cards getting
    far to hot..

    There are about 4 or 5 cards that have 1.6ns ram fitted this is what is in
    the ASUS TO Model and the Fanless Gigabyte.

    I ended up getting the Leadtek as it get good review, the heat sink is fitted
    better and the HSI bridge is cooled, plus its cheaper than most.

    http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=3&id=1551

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/leadtek-6600gt-agp.html

    http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=762&pageID=1335

    I have seen one or two other cards that have a slot in the cooling cover that
    blows air onto the HSI bridge, there are also some with a FULL heat sinks that
    fits onto the GPU and HSI bridge but I have not seem them listed here..

    I have also fitted a DSE PCI slot Fan next to the card, and it fits very
    snugly, will help to get the heat out and they are quite..

    Heat at the moment is 40c GPU and 27c Ambient.

    Some GF 6600GT's do not have Temp Monitoring turned on, but from what I have
    read you can't flash the card Bios to turn it on..

    The Enermax PSU has 3 Year Warrantee printed on the Box, so I have
    contacted the Commerce Commission why we are getting these rate shit
    warrantees here, we pay high prices but don't get what is being given in OZZ
    or the US, they get the Full Manufactures warrantee period..

    May be most of the Computer Stuff brought in here are all Gray Imports..?

    CSE, May 22, 2005

  2. CSE

    Adam Guest

    On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:51:37 +1200, CSE wrote:

    >I ended up getting the Leadtek as it get good review, the heat sink is fitted
    >better and the HSI bridge is cooled, plus its cheaper than most.

    Roger - where did you source the GT card from ... and how much? How
    much of an improvement is it on your old card?

    Adam.

    Adam, May 22, 2005

  3. CSE

    John Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 03:23:42 +1200, Adam wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:51:37 +1200, CSE wrote:
    >
    >I ended up getting the Leadtek as it get good review, the heat sink is fitted
    >better and the HSI bridge is cooled, plus its cheaper than most.

    What are you doing with your old card?

    Is it for sale?

    If it is how much do you want for the card?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, May 22, 2005
  4. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:58:28 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 23 May 2005 03:23:42 +1200, Adam wrote:
    >> On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:51:37 +1200, CSE wrote:
    >>
    >>I ended up getting the Leadtek as it get good review, the heat sink is fitted
    >>better and the HSI bridge is cooled, plus its cheaper than most.

    >What are you doing with your old card?
    >
    >Is it for sale?
    >
    >If it is how much do you want for the card?
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    Yes it will be for sale, was thinking of putting it on TradeMe..

    But any Offers considered.,..

    Gigabyte Nvidia FX 5900XT GV-N59X128D, Boxed Complete as new.

    CSE, May 22, 2005
  5. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 03:23:42 +1200, Adam wrote:

    >On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:51:37 +1200, CSE wrote:
    >
    >>I ended up getting the Leadtek as it get good review, the heat sink is fitted
    >>better and the HSI bridge is cooled, plus its cheaper than most.

    >Roger - where did you source the GT card from ... and how much? How
    >much of an improvement is it on your old card?
    >
    >Adam.

    Well I can't tell you were I got it from as I might get banned but all the
    Review shows that its give a 2x Improvement and also Shader 3 support..

    But look here, plenty of shops listing it and also a bit cheaper..

    http://www.pricespy.co.nz/pno_5041.html

    CSE, May 22, 2005
  6. CSE

    cowboyz Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 10:11:03 +1200, CSE <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:58:28 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 23 May 2005 03:23:42 +1200, Adam wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:51:37 +1200, CSE wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I ended up getting the Leadtek as it get good review, the heat sink is
    >>> fitted
    >>> better and the HSI bridge is cooled, plus its cheaper than most.

    >> What are you doing with your old card?
    >>
    >> Is it for sale?
    >>
    >> If it is how much do you want for the card?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    > Yes it will be for sale, was thinking of putting it on TradeMe..
    >
    > But any Offers considered.,..
    >
    > Gigabyte Nvidia FX 5900XT GV-N59X128D, Boxed Complete as new.

    does this card support dual monitor? What round figures were you looking
    for?

    --
    Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.

    cowboyz, May 23, 2005
  7. CSE

    John Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 10:11:03 +1200, CSE wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:58:28 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 23 May 2005 03:23:42 +1200, Adam wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:51:37 +1200, CSE wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I ended up getting the Leadtek as it get good review, the heat sink is fitted
    >>>better and the HSI bridge is cooled, plus its cheaper than most.

    >>What are you doing with your old card?
    >>
    >>Is it for sale?
    >>
    >>If it is how much do you want for the card?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>John.

    > Yes it will be for sale, was thinking of putting it on TradeMe..
    >
    > But any Offers considered.,..
    >
    > Gigabyte Nvidia FX 5900XT GV-N59X128D, Boxed Complete as new.

    Roger, I've sent you an email.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, May 23, 2005
  8. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:29 +1200, cowboyz <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 23 May 2005 10:11:03 +1200, CSE <> wrote:

    >>> What are you doing with your old card?
    >>>
    >>> Is it for sale?
    >>>
    >>> If it is how much do you want for the card?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> John.

    >> Yes it will be for sale, was thinking of putting it on TradeMe..
    >>
    >> But any Offers considered.,..
    >>
    >> Gigabyte Nvidia FX 5900XT GV-N59X128D, Boxed Complete as new.
    >>

    >does this card support dual monitor? What round figures were you looking
    >for?

    This Site states that is Does..

    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Gigabyte_GV_N59X128D__5635919/TabId/4

    Review