    neville Guest

    Is 94 degrees too hot for the cpu.Thats what mine is.Is that too hot or
    about right?Would that cause any problems to playing games etc?

    neville, Mar 3, 2005

  2. neville wrote:

    > Is 94 degrees too hot for the cpu.Thats what mine is.Is that too hot or
    > about right?Would that cause any problems to playing games etc?

    Possibly.
    Is it?
    Possibly.
    Possibly.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 3, 2005

  3. neville

    Steve P Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    > Is 94 degrees too hot for the cpu.Thats what mine is.Is that too hot or
    > about right?Would that cause any problems to playing games etc?

    What CPU?
    http://www.heatsink-guide.com/maxtemp.htm

    Steve P, Mar 3, 2005
  4. neville

    neville Guest

    Its a Dell xp1800

    neville, Mar 3, 2005
  5. neville

    Jamco Guest

    94C sounds to hot

    Jamco, Mar 3, 2005
  6. neville

    Cubzilla Guest

    That's not hot enough,

    Cubzilla, Mar 3, 2005
  7. neville

    TripTych Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    > Is 94 degrees too hot for the cpu.Thats what mine is.Is that too hot or
    > about right?Would that cause any problems to playing games etc?

    94c is insanely hot for any cpu. Yes it will affect games and performance.

    IS GOING TO BLOW. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.

    TripTych, Mar 3, 2005
  8. neville

    neville Guest

    It smelt funny last time so i took it back to the shop, they put a bigger
    fan in and put a program on that tells its temp.Ill just keep an eye on and
    see if it gets any hotter.

    neville, Mar 3, 2005
  9. neville

    philo Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    > Is 94 degrees too hot for the cpu.Thats what mine is.Is that too hot or
    > about right?Would that cause any problems to playing games etc?

    you need to specify if the cpu is an AMD or Intel

    also is that Centigrade or Fahrenheit

    philo, Mar 3, 2005
  10. neville

    neville Guest

    Its centigrade and its a Dell xp 1800.

    neville, Mar 3, 2005
  11. neville

    Ghostrider Guest

    neville wrote:
    > Its centigrade and its a Dell xp 1800.

    Doubt it. Water boils at 100 deg Centigrade and the
    CPU would have shut down somewhere between 80 to 85
    deg. Centigrade, if it had not self-destructed by then.
    IOW, 94 deg. Fahrenheit is pretty good.

    Ghostrider, Mar 3, 2005
  12. neville

    neville Guest

    I think most people know the boiling point of water.
    My cpu says 94degrees centigrade and its still going round.So if it smells
    can I ignore it?

    neville, Mar 3, 2005
  13. neville

    philo Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    > I think most people know the boiling point of water.
    > My cpu says 94degrees centigrade and its still going round.So if it smells
    > can I ignore it?
    > "Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message
    > >
    > > neville wrote:
    > >> Its centigrade and its a Dell xp 1800.
    > >>

    > > Doubt it. Water boils at 100 deg Centigrade and the
    > > CPU would have shut down somewhere between 80 to 85
    > > deg. Centigrade, if it had not self-destructed by then.
    > > IOW, 94 deg. Fahrenheit is pretty good.

    that's too hot...
    the place you took it to must have put the heatsink on wrong

    philo, Mar 3, 2005
  14. well i do know that some processors do require fans to be there and running
    in order to work or you dont get booted up, my advice get one that does so,
    keeps the computer cooler, running smoother bit longer, saves on the battery
    and is safer.

    Frances Taylor, Mar 4, 2005
  15. yes heat is ok for a computer, no doubt machineary that runs in a tight
    box,duh will get some hot.but to hot is bad. but as long as it dont stay
    that way in that case if it gets so hot shut down for a day to cool and run
    for so long shut down a bit and then boot down a while,dont leave it running
    ifyou doing errands from home stupid to do,means new computerfor you. oh
    well your money.

    Frances Taylor, Mar 4, 2005
  16. ever thought about putting your computer at least near a window that can
    open? or use fans in the room the computer is? just a thought.

    Frances Taylor, Mar 4, 2005
  17. neville

    neville Guest

    What?

    neville, Mar 4, 2005
  18. neville wrote:

    > What?

    What?
    Yes it is hot, it's something to do with the climate.
    If you can't climb it, walk around it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 4, 2005