    phones you've used) or use on your current mobile phone ? If there's
    a (serious or humorous) reason that made you take up a certain
    ringtone, please elaborate.

    Sab, Sep 2, 2007

  2. Sab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Sab" <> wrote in message
    news:
    : : What are (or have so far been) your 4 - 6 personal
    : : favorite (G or R rated) music
    : : related or non music related, ringtones you've had (on
    : : previous mobile phones you've used) or use on your
    : : current mobile phone ? If there's a (serious or
    : : humorous) reason that made you take up a certain
    : : ringtone, please elaborate.

    Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple groups.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 2, 2007

  3. Sab

    JFGrieve Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Sab" <> wrote in message
    >>> What are (or have so far been) your 4 - 6 personal
    >>> favorite (G or R rated) music
    >>> related or non music related, ringtones you've had (on
    >>> previous mobile phones you've used) or use on your
    >>> current mobile phone ? If there's a (serious or
    >>> humorous) reason that made you take up a certain
    >>> ringtone, please elaborate.

    > Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple groups.
    >
    > Ivor

    So why did you do the same?

    --
    JFG

    JFGrieve, Sep 2, 2007
  4. Sab

    Jono Guest

    JFGrieve wrote :

    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "Sab" <> wrote in message

    >> Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple groups.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > So why did you do the same?

    Interestingly, Snom VoIP phones can play custom ring tones.

    Has anyone got any simple tips on this feature?

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  5. Sab

    Rod Speed Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote
    > Sab <> wrote

    >>> What are (or have so far been) your 4 - 6 personal
    >>> favorite (G or R rated) music
    >>> related or non music related, ringtones you've had (on
    >>> previous mobile phones you've used) or use on your
    >>> current mobile phone ? If there's a (serious or
    >>> humorous) reason that made you take up a certain
    >>> ringtone, please elaborate.

    > Unrelated to VoIP.

    Yawn.

    > Please don't spam to multiple groups.

    Go and **** yourself.

    No please, thats an order.

    Rod Speed, Sep 2, 2007
  6. On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 19:53:06 +1000, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Rod
    Speed" <> wrote:

    >Go and **** yourself.

    Argh. Rod Speed, how did /he/ escape from my spam filters?

    *replonk*
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Sep 2, 2007
  7. Sab

    Tim Guest

    Snom Custom Ring tones

    Jono wrote:
    > Has anyone got any simple tips on this feature?

    You get a sample of the ring tone you want, convert into the right
    format, and put it onto a webserver.

    Then on your phone, you go to Identity X, choose Custom Melody in the
    Drop down box. Then paste the link to your WAV file URL into the
    'Custom Melody URL:' box just below.

    There is an example:

    http://ron.provu.co.uk/~tim/CTU24_4.wav

    The format you need to use is:

    RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 2, 2007
  8. Sab

    TheMgt Guest

    Re: What have been or currently are,your favorite phone ringtonesyou've used ?

    Jono wrote:

    > Interestingly, Snom VoIP phones can play custom ring tones.

    So can Cisco 7940/60 phones. Mine has a whole list of assorted
    explosions, animal noises, South Park clips, etc. Very tasteful.

    TheMgt, Sep 2, 2007
  9. Sab

    Jono Guest

    Re: Snom Custom Ring tones

    Tim formulated on Sunday :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Has anyone got any simple tips on this feature?

    > You get a sample of the ring tone you want, convert into the right
    > format, and put it onto a webserver.
    >

    > Then on your phone, you go to Identity X, choose Custom Melody in the Drop
    > down box. Then paste the link to your WAV file URL into the 'Custom Melody
    > URL:' box just below.
    >

    > There is an example:
    >
    > http://ron.provu.co.uk/~tim/CTU24_4.wav
    >
    > The format you need to use is:
    >
    > RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz

    Cheers.

    So, you can't actually store the ringtone in the phone..?

    No matter, I will certainly have to have a play now!

    Thanks.

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  10. Sab

    Tim Guest

    Re: Snom Custom Ring tones

    Jono wrote:

    > So, you can't actually store the ringtone in the phone..?

    No, but it is cached on the phone after the first ring.

    It only gets it from the webserver once. Even if you reboot the phone.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 2, 2007
  11. Sab

    Jono Guest

    Re: Snom Custom Ring tones

    It happens that Tim formulated :
    > Jono wrote:
    >>
    >> So, you can't actually store the ringtone in the phone..?
    >>

    > No, but it is cached on the phone after the first ring.
    >
    > It only gets it from the webserver once. Even if you reboot the phone.

    Oh. That's fair enough. Thanks.

    On a completely different subjuct, are you likely to be getting any
    Linksys SPA8000's in any time soon? Also, how will prices compare with
    4 x SPA2102's?

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  12. Sab

    Tim Guest

    Re: Snom Custom Ring tones

    Jono wrote:
    > On a completely different subjuct, are you likely to be getting any
    > Linksys SPA8000's in any time soon? Also, how will prices compare with 4
    > x SPA2102's?

    We are planning to get them in as soon as we can.

    I don't know about pricing yet.

    If you email work on the usual email address, you can be tagged for a
    notification when stock arrives.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 2, 2007
  13. Sab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "JFGrieve" <> wrote in message
    : : Ivor Jones wrote:

    [snip]

    : : : Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple
    : : : groups.
    : : :
    : : : Ivor
    : :
    : : So why did you do the same?

    When did I spam..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 2, 2007
  14. Sab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    : : Ivor Jones <> wrote

    [snip]

    : : : Unrelated to VoIP.
    : :
    : : Yawn.
    : :
    : : : Please don't spam to multiple groups.
    : :
    : : Go and **** yourself.
    : :
    : : No please, thats an order.

    Ah, foul language. The last resort of those who know they've lost the plot
    (if they ever had it in the first place).

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 2, 2007
  15. Sab

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones formulated the question :
    > "JFGrieve" <> wrote in message
    > : : Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > : : : Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple
    >> > >

    > : : : Ivor
    >> >

    > : : So why did you do the same?
    >
    > When did I spam..?

    08:26:16 02/09/2007...?

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  16. Sab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    : : Ivor Jones formulated the question :
    : : : "JFGrieve" <> wrote in message
    : : : news:
    : : : : : Ivor Jones wrote:
    : : :
    : : : [snip]
    : : :
    : : : : : : Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple
    : : : : : : groups.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Ivor
    : : : : :
    : : : : : So why did you do the same?
    : : :
    : : : When did I spam..?
    : :
    : : 08:26:16 02/09/2007...?

    How was that spamming..? I was telling him not to. I wasn't the one who
    posted the original.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 2, 2007
  17. Sab

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones was thinking very hard :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > : : Ivor Jones formulated the question :
    > : : : "JFGrieve" <> wrote in message
    > : : : news:
    > : : : : : Ivor Jones wrote:
    > : : :
    > : : : [snip]
    > : : :
    > : : : : : : Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple
    > : : : : : : groups.
    > : : : : : :
    > : : : : : : Ivor
    > : : : : :
    > : : : : : So why did you do the same?
    > : : :
    > : : : When did I spam..?
    > : :
    > : : 08:26:16 02/09/2007...?
    >
    > How was that spamming..?

    I think that's what was meant by "why did you do the same?", is all I
    was saying.......you repeated, word for word, to all the same
    newsgroups, the contents of post you were complaining was spam.....

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  18. Sab

    Rod Speed Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >>> Ivor Jones <> wrote

    >>> Yawn.

    >>> Go and **** yourself.

    >>> No please, thats an order.

    > Ah, foul language.

    Nope, perfectly viable old english actually.

    > The last resort of those who know they've lost the plot (if they ever had it in the first place).

    Pathetically hoary old mindless line used by fools that cant manage anything better.

    Rod Speed, Sep 2, 2007