What has it been?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Torrey Lauer, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    What has it been, five weeks now that the replacement program became
    available for us to order Windows 64 bit?

    I'm growing anxious now (the performance increases I expect for our agency
    should be huge!). If it is the fifth week already, then the orders should
    have started shipping last week to the end of next week.

    So, within the next two weeks, we should start to see "Pending" changed to
    "Shipped."

    My order number is 1685. What's yours? Are you closer to the beginning? I
    know this is speculative, but how many do you think the fulfillment company
    is going to be able to ship per day? It's crazy I even ask because with the
    technology that is available today, it shouldn't even be a question, but
    with the problems that the fulfillment company has experienced from the
    start with most people not able to get their orders to even go through, to
    those that could get their orders placed not receiving e-mails, etc., I
    think it's a question worth asking.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net
    Torrey Lauer, Jun 1, 2005

  2. This kinda sounds like a personal e-mail. How did you order in bulk through
    TAP, I thought mass exchanges were only for Volume License Program to deal
    with? Did the employees work in unison?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005

  3. It would be nice to have some idea of when we will get the orders shipped, I
    was told the end of May, but thats gone already

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Andre,

    No, it's not a personal e-mail. I wanted to discuss this with the group. I
    was just curious if anyone else that was able to get their order in before
    has seen a "shipped" status yet, and if not, since it's been about five
    weeks already, Microsoft's fulfillment company should either start shipping
    this week or next week. To me, it appears that my order number is close to
    the beginning (as I think there are probably a lot more people wanting to
    exchange their 32 bit for the 64 bit -- of course that's just a guess).

    I also did not order in bulk. I actually only have one PC that has an AMD
    Athlon 64 processor and I'm expecting a significant performance increase on
    the booking engines we use in our agency. Assuming that the performance
    increase is significant, then our next order of PCs will all be AMD Athlon
    64 bit processors with Windows XP Prof. x64.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Steve, what is your order number? Mine is 1685. I wonder how many orders
    Microsoft's fullfillment center will be able to get out a day when they do
    start shipping. I would have thought that the first couple hundred orders
    should have been shipped a month ago already, but from the sounds of it on
    this NG, it sounds like no one has even gotten their order yet. I think
    it's ridiculous to have to wait this long. I know it says 4 to 6 weeks, but
    what kind of technology are they using to create these CDs and DVDs!?! Are
    they only able to create one CD and DVD at a time? Even if they are
    creating up to 20 at at time, that's going to take quite a bit of time to
    get enough created in any decent amount of time. Even if they could only do
    one at a time, the first 30 orders (assuming one CD and DVD per day) should
    have shipped by now.

    I'm just bewildered as to what takes this long with all the technology that
    is available today.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 1, 2005
  6. Check it here:
    https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/orderstatus.aspx

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005
  7. Torrey Lauer got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > Steve, what is your order number? Mine is 1685. I wonder how many orders
    > Microsoft's fullfillment center will be able to get out a day when they do
    > start shipping. I would have thought that the first couple hundred orders
    > should have been shipped a month ago already, but from the sounds of it on
    > this NG, it sounds like no one has even gotten their order yet. I think
    > it's ridiculous to have to wait this long. I know it says 4 to 6 weeks, but
    > what kind of technology are they using to create these CDs and DVDs!?! Are
    > they only able to create one CD and DVD at a time? Even if they are
    > creating up to 20 at at time, that's going to take quite a bit of time to
    > get enough created in any decent amount of time. Even if they could only do
    > one at a time, the first 30 orders (assuming one CD and DVD per day) should
    > have shipped by now.
    >
    > I'm just bewildered as to what takes this long with all the technology that
    > is available today.

    Apparently, Microsoft's 2 speed DVD writer packed up last week. The
    good news, is that they managed to obtain a 4 speed DVD-R writer from
    ebay, it should be delivered to Redmond next week, after which they
    should be able to burn at least 16 disks a day...

    Good News!!!
    Mark Gillespie, Jun 1, 2005
  8. Torrey Lauer got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > What has it been, five weeks now that the replacement program became
    > available for us to order Windows 64 bit?
    >
    > I'm growing anxious now (the performance increases I expect for our agency
    > should be huge!). If it is the fifth week already, then the orders should
    > have started shipping last week to the end of next week.
    >
    > So, within the next two weeks, we should start to see "Pending" changed to
    > "Shipped."
    >
    > My order number is 1685. What's yours? Are you closer to the beginning? I
    > know this is speculative, but how many do you think the fulfillment company
    > is going to be able to ship per day? It's crazy I even ask because with the
    > technology that is available today, it shouldn't even be a question, but
    > with the problems that the fulfillment company has experienced from the
    > start with most people not able to get their orders to even go through, to
    > those that could get their orders placed not receiving e-mails, etc., I
    > think it's a question worth asking.

    Hmm, they havn't taken payment for mine yet, updated the order to show
    the correct product (mine still lists as ordering XP Professional), or
    sorted out the non-US addresses...

    All-in-all, at bit of a lash up on Microsofts part. Unbelievable that
    they took that long to get the site and process set up, and it's still a
    total crock...

    I'm not usually critical of Microsoft, but this time, it seems to be
    cock up after cock up..., with nothing really happening to address the
    problems.
    Mark Gillespie, Jun 1, 2005
  9. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Andre,

    I'm aware of that site, and for five weeks now, it's "Pending." I don't
    mean to come across rude, so please don't take it that way. Have you read
    my post that states that it's been pending for five weeks!?!?

    I check it daily to every other day, and it's still pending. I know it
    states 4 to 6 weeks, but come on, what is the 4 to 6 weeks for, a vacation
    for all employees at the fulfillment center!?!? It doesn't really take that
    long to get these created and sent out.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 1, 2005
  10. I understand your pain Torrey, I hope it gets to you soon. Sorry.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005
  11. This should have been handled internally in one of the builds labs or
    handled like if it was a beta... Must easier/faster.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 2, 2005
  12. Torrey Lauer

    WM Guest

    The old one was actually a single speed... :)

    WM, Jun 2, 2005
  13. Torrey Lauer

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    I think most of us would rather not post our order number's so that
    Microsoft does not cancel our order's.

    Kevin Panzke, Jun 2, 2005
  14. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Worried about cancelling our orders! LOL With all the communication
    they've given us about the shipment (yes, that's sarcastic), I'd say by the
    time the pony gets to Microsoft to tell them my order number, my order will
    have been shipped out on a different pony (yes, that's sarcastic too).

    I've followed Microsoft's directions and have complied with their terms and
    conditions about the Technology Advancement Program, so I see no reason why
    they'd cancel my order.

    BTW, did you hear that Linspire released a 64 bit version of their Linspire
    OS, and I believe it's downloadable too!

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 2, 2005
  15. Mark Gillespie <> wrote:
    > Torrey Lauer got up from the bar and shouted: :
    >> Steve, what is your order number? Mine is 1685. I wonder how many
    >> orders Microsoft's fullfillment center will be able to get out a day
    >> when they do start shipping. I would have thought that the first
    >> couple hundred orders should have been shipped a month ago already,
    >> but from the sounds of it on this NG, it sounds like no one has even
    >> gotten their order yet. I think it's ridiculous to have to wait
    >> this long. I know it says 4 to 6 weeks, but what kind of technology
    >> are they using to create these CDs and DVDs!?! Are they only able
    >> to create one CD and DVD at a time? Even if they are creating up to
    >> 20 at at time, that's going to take quite a bit of time to get
    >> enough created in any decent amount of time. Even if they could
    >> only do one at a time, the first 30 orders (assuming one CD and DVD
    >> per day) should have shipped by now. I'm just bewildered as to what takes
    >> this long with all the
    >> technology that is available today.
    >>

    > Apparently, Microsoft's 2 speed DVD writer packed up last week. The
    > good news, is that they managed to obtain a 4 speed DVD-R writer from
    > ebay, it should be delivered to Redmond next week, after which they
    > should be able to burn at least 16 disks a day...
    >
    > Good News!!!

    Microsoft is using a contractor, they do not burn the cd ;)
    But I agree with you all: what a bad contractor....shame

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 2, 2005
  16. All I will say Torrey is that my number is a few hundred below yours, and
    pending, lol

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=, Jun 2, 2005
  17. And I bet you are only 1 out 3 persons who knows about it.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005
  18. I had e-mail the Tech. Adv. Program people to ask about my order to ensure it
    was received since I was one of the first group of people where we didn't
    receive an e-mail when the order was placed, and they stated that my order is
    currently being built and that they did receive the order.

    So, I hope they finished extracting and refining the minerals needed to make
    the CDs and DVDs so that they can then put them in the 1 slot 1x drive CD
    copier and DVD copier. :)

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ycmV5IExhdWVy?=, Jun 2, 2005
  19. I think the irony was lost on you....

    Christian Hougardy got up from the bar and shouted: :

    Mark Gillespie, Jun 3, 2005